I miss my Fluox :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

so it's day 7 of my enforced withdrawal, much same as yesterday, miserable sod all day, arguing with myself, and I lost! still managed to avoid the Diazepam, do'nt know if that's good or bad to be honest, certainly do'nt want to become dependant on them and go through another withdrawal process, yet I'm perhaps unfairly punishing myself for something that is'nt my fault to begin with, if that does'nt make sense then I'm sorry haha cheesygrin

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there David, you can do it. Just try and set yourself goals and keep busy to try and distract your mind. You know it will work, and every day is a day closer to everything being better. Lots of support for you . 
  • Posted

Don't forget you're having withdrawal effects at the moment too, so feeling down could be part of that at the moment.  Once through the withdrawal you might start to feel lighter again.  

Don't forget the natural serotonin you can take when all these meds are out your system.  Another way to boost your happy hormones is to just smile, even if you don't feel like it.  The feel good neurotransmitters dopamine, endorphins and serotonin are all released when a smile flashes across your face as well. This not only relaxes your body, but it can lower your heart rate and blood pressure.  Even if you feel rubbish, just turn up the corners of your mouth into a smile and keep it like that ....... it does make a difference. Don't make it into a grimace though xx

When are you back at the doctors for more tests?

• Posted

hi kate, goodness me i think ive just hired you as my nurse wink haha. im due back on the 5th may, unless any test results come back meantime, one day at a time yeah. i do try to smile, have a laugh, keep myself occupied as best i can, thankyou for being there xx
    • Posted

Hey David et all, I've just come across a book and online site which might be of help.  The book is called Potatoes not Prozac, and if you search for Radiant Recovery (can't display the link here) you'll find the online website which offers help too.  A lot of the info is free.

Its about your diet and depression, weight etc and some people may be unknowingly intolerant to certain foods, ie sugar, which can be the root of your depression.

Worth having a go.

K x

• Posted

Hang in there, David! You never know, when you are fully de-toxed and back to 'normal', that normal may be better than the one when you started taking Flu - here's hoping, anyway.

There's no law against you going back to your GP before 5th May and sharing with him/her what s/he has put you through - and asking for more help in coming off.

Good luck - we're feeling for you. May your LFT be perfect and an alternative to Flu be available. Meditation, movies and your favourite food might help - so put on some weight. If this isn't a good excuse, I don't know what is!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.