I NEED A LITTLE HELP FROM SOME FRIENDS...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't have any particular complaints. Actually, I am blessed to be getting on pretty well. Tonight though, I am just overwhelmed by it all. The things going on in my life.(I have a grand doctor who takes good care of me physically) the pain so many people out there are enduring with anxiety and/or depression. The children who haven't a clue what's going on with them...and parents who can't or won't help, the lonely ones having to deal with this alone, and so much more that we all read every day, and I am simply emotionally overwhelmed. It's almost more than I can handle, I weep for the world, especially the ones who contact us here.

So, here I am, asking for some emotional help from, who else but you who spend time with me here every day...my friends.

2 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Next
  • Posted

y6ou have become increasing sensitive my love which makes you an empath thats someone who genuinely cares and understands about others.we cannot solve the problems of the world I know I go through the same but what I do is I ask for light and positivity to be sent into the universe and ask god and his angels to watch over the world and my family bless you umy lovely and no im not a religious freak I just care about life and people
    • Posted

Thank you Sue, we do forget we are not doing it all alone. We have each other...and God...however we see him. Empathy ain't easy, I've only become this emotionally open since coming here. Love to you,

• Posted

Its because we know how we feel so we can genuinely empathise with those that are going through the same. only yesterday my cbt therapist was saying that I was the expert of my anxiety and depression and she was the expert of teaching new skills but that is so true we are experts because we live it and experience it keep strong my love and hugs back 
  • Posted

Hi cia42277 .... We all are here for you. In fact we all need each other's support.

Because this is the place where we can understand each other's problems or worries (better than our doctors.... I guess).

• Posted

That is true, suvadip, it's why I came here. Thank you, luv.

• Posted

Do Deb and I have to bring out the lavender bubbles to get you smiling again? Speaking of lavender or purple, I'll tell you a funny little story. In my post-surgical daze, I was convinced that I killed Prince. Yep, that's right. I thought because my life was spared, his was taken. You should have seen the texts between my daughter and I. She tried her best to convince me that I don't need to get a purple teardrop tattoo by my eye for being a murderer. lol

You have a bleeding heart, and that's a good quality to have. It's not something many have. So as you've told me ... solider on. smile

• Posted

Thank you, dear one. You did indeed bring a smile, and a tear of gratefulness for such a friend. Can I at least be a Corporal?wink

• Posted

I was just about to post you again, when I saw this one. I want you to know that the laughter you have brought to me has truly been priceless. What a gift you and Deb have been....and I hope you aren't done making me laugh until I do bodily harm to myself. See...I feel better. lol

• Posted

Ahhh, the gift of not having a brain to mouth filter. Well, some might not view it as a gift, especially if they're on the receiving end.

Speaking of doing harm to ones self, stairs, and I haven't been friends for a few years now. Because of that whole gravity thing, I understand taking a tumble down the stairs. However, I have yet to find a way to explain falling up the stairs. How can anyone "fall" up the stairs anyway? Maybe it's more like gravity let go of me, and I banged my shin on the stairs as I floated up ... in lavender bubbles. Good thing I have my rabies shot or I'd be going crazy ... wait, that's an oxymoron. You know, a moron cleaned with Oxy-Clean. Maybe I didn't get the shot after all. smile

• Posted

OMG...couldn't sleep, 5am, came here, ..and here you are, in top form! Do you remember Mad Magazine? You could be their head writer. Uh Oh, what are you going to do with...head writer????????????eek

• Posted

My dear dear Angelsmile You are Field Marshall in this Army Of Anxiety Disorder, out there looking after and propping us all up in our weakest moments. We need you dearest but not at the expense of draining you of your own personal strength in coping.

You are weary and no wonder, neglecting yourself in your rush to be "there" for us all! My remedy? Do something nice for yourself today! Wallow in a bath of scented foam and be proud of all you do for others. And now  I will share a small personal story in the hope of making you smile.

My husband recently had to have an exploritary operation as there was a suspicion of cancer of the unmentionables.

He has hearing loss in one ear since childhood. On waking after the surgery the nurse breezed into the room with a smile and announced something.

Groggy and impeded by his slight deafness he cried out, Horrified, "What do you mean my testacles are black!"

There was a pause.

"No, Stephen, " she replied calmly, " I said your test results are back"

He was mortified.

• Posted

smile I howled with laughter when he told me whereas he was mortified with embarrassment at his idiocy. I don't doubt that little anecdote went all round the doctors and nurses!

• Posted

You succeded. I started smilng at the word "unmentionables", and was laughing out loud by the time I got to the end. Helen, thank you for the kind words, the suggestion of something special.(maybe the filet mignon that is in the freezer) and the belly laugh. Now with you, I can't wait to see what you do with "belly laugh."

i started to close and the thought of exploring the unmentionables just hit my funny bone and set me off again. I could see Sherlock, bending over your poor guy with his pipe in his mouth and a huge magnifying glass....exploring his unmentionables. Oh, God....the thought is going to be with me all day. That sounds better than a bubble bath or a filet. I can't wait to see how that picture progresses as the day goes on. I may be a basket case by nightfall.

By the way, how is the dear boy? Are you okay?

• Posted

How dare you suggest the doctor requires a huge magnifying glass to inspect my Stephen's unmentionables? Still...now you come to mention it he'd probably need a telescope, Having said that Stephen, being a man and proud of his equipment ( sigh ) and seeing it in a light we do not, would probably imagine the doctor could stand 15 feet away and still have a clear sight of them...Huh, he wishes!!!

he's fine by the way....annoying as ever

• Posted

a telescope  hahahahahahahhahhahahahhaha

from his viewpoint.... the doctor standing at top of the Tower of London saying..."look down there mates...it's Stephen's unmentionables."

• Posted

And the mates all responding, " Huh? Nah, that's two peas that fell out of a pod " LOL Aw, it's good to have a laugh isn't it?

• Posted

It's as if the "measure" of a man, in his own eyes, is the measure of a man.

Yes ma'am, it's good to have a good laugh. Maybe it's vital in the maintenance of good mental health.......then again, maybe not.rolleyes

• Posted

it's imperitive that we laugh honey! Much wasted time is spent in a state of nervous anxiety and exhaustion and battling along that we forget the good things in life, ie

A bird on the wing

The carefree giggle of a child

The  unfurling of the leaves on a tree

Flowers lifting their faces to the sun

Nature all around us

A good meal

A good book

The list is endless and we must not forget that heading that list is the support and love we give each other on this site, no matter how awful we feel  personally we  are not deviod,have not been stripped  of empathy.

I am so poud, moved and humbled by the "friends " on this forum

• Posted

The measure of a man in his own eyes. Indeed. I hate to tell Stephen that the measure he impements , why, I do declare it doesn't exist outside of his own mind. I will not disallusion the poor man but now I know why the last time be bought a bedroom carpet and fitted it we had a full 3 quare metres surplus...If you get my drift! LOL

• Posted

The "maybe not" in my last post was supposed to be funny. Beside the point...you made a most excellent list of goodies. You also reminded me that I picked up a book at the library by one of my favorite authors. That will be my treat for the day. 

You are such a sweetheart. I am now going outside to enjoy one of my indulgences...a couple puffs off one of my two cigarettes a day. My one and only vice...well,  had to keep something of the old days.lol

• Posted

I just love the way you think...totally out of the box. You are one gloriously funny lady, Helen. Thanks for another image to carry with me through the day.

If someone asks me what wierd thoughts anxiety puts in my mind, I'll just tell them about you. New anxiety symptoms...thoughts of .unmentionables and excess carpeting...OMG

• Posted

It was funny! And it reminded me to laugh..puff away darling, you are our Magic Dragon, in the nicest possible way!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Posted

I hope our friends here post a list of things that lift their spirits. It might make us all look around us with new eyes Sometimes we get lost and forget the good things around us.
    • Posted

I'll start with:

A good book that grabs me on the first page and doesn't let go 'til the    last page

Gravy on toast

Going out to lunch where they have really good food.

Long phone calls with my friend, Andrew

A really good movie

A new hat

Gifties from my friend Volkhard in Germany

Week-end visits from my friend Michelle (about twice a year)

My oh so terrific doctor

All of you

Wonderful memories of family gone now

Staying in touch with my four siblings scattered all over the country

Laughter

More laughter

I realize I could go on and on...that in itself tops my list. Thanks for this terrific suggestion Helen. I used to make "thankful lists" every few years and had forgotten that. Smoochies for the reminder.

• Posted

Mine are..in no particular order;

A good book.

The faces of my son's and their hugs, ditto with my family.

Memories of summers spent with my family, long gone now, in Austria

Springtime, when the earth awakens

An eclectic mix of music from rock n roll through classic and Indie

A meal when I'm hungry

A soak in the bath

My kitty Frankie deciding we both need a wash sad

The hedgehogs is my garden that come out at night for their supper

Getting a bargain in the shops

Chocolate..slurp!

My ecig to which I am permanently attached, lol,cos I gave up smoking 4 years ago

All here at this site and oh so much more!!!!

• Posted

Must add, the wonderfull, beautifully acted film The Shawshank Redemption which lifts my heart and soul no matter how many times I watch it.
    • Posted

Another vote for The Shawshank Redemption from me. The movie I love to watch over and over is The Black Stallion.
    • Posted

I'm glad it made you laugh!!! Every smile is one less frown

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.