i need answers

Posted , 4 users are following.

My anxiety comes and goes doing the day. I get this feeling in my chest/ stomach like a anxious or overwhelmed feeling. When it comes it makes me feel down. What is this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

it's anxiety , can be treated , how long has this been going on?
    • Posted

ok well go to the Dr, explain what's been happening, you've obviously been through some sort of stress?

the Dr can tell you about cbt therapy and breathing .

you need to take deep very slow breaths expanding your tummy not chest , in through your nose, then very slowly out your mouth, really slowly.

• Posted

Thanks ill give it a try. Another thing is my girlfriend tells me when i feel that way try not to worry or ignore the feeling but its so hard to try and forget about it
    • Posted

You cant just ignore it its not the standard anxiety. It is more like panic sensation. Its the fight or flight rsponse. You need to,learn cbt and some self calming techniques. They help it. Belly breating, cbt, meditation. And alwats get a physical exam from your doctor before you self diagnose.
    • Posted

with time you will learn to deal with it better.

yoga is very good, start doing yoga, I've also heard that mindfulness meditation is fantastic,.

your mind is trying to tell you to stop stressing , you have been stressing so much that you have trained your brain into stressing even when you don't really have anything to worry about.

do you ever have full blown panick attacks?

time to look after your self , eat healthy , YOU MUST get at least 8 Hours sleep a night , don't push your self to do things that stress you out , if you feel anxious , do the breathing like I told you for 2 or 3 minutes , it works every time as your body can not be anxious and relaxed at the same time.

next time try and notice when you feel the anxiety how your breathing is, I bet it's shallow and fast? you need to reverse it .

I'm not a medical expert , just been through it myself for the last 7 months and have learnt a lot.

let me know how you go

all the best to you x

• Posted

You answered your own question. You know what it is. Accept it.
  • Posted

Stress and fear cause anxiety.

There is a switch in your brain that is broken it is telling you your in danger when you are not you have to try and fix that switch.

Yours physical symptoms are psychosimatic

Consider medication and therapyredface

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.