I need help

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I'm not exactly depressed, but just here me out. So evey year in school, I'm one of those kids who are quiet, but gets her work done, and never gets in trouble. And I started school about three weeks ago, I love all my classes, and I love all my teachers. But I've noticed for the past week or so, in ILA class (reading, writing) my teacher would call out my name for no crappy reason, for example: 

Teacher: *teaching the class*

Everyone:  *paying attention to teacher*

Teacher: *Stops teaching* "Avery, pay attention please!"

So stuff like that happens almost five times a day, every week. And even the bad kids usually don't get in trouble, I do.

And everyday I'm scared to walk into that class, just because of getting In trouble. 

I know it's a silly thing to get worked up about, but this teacher is making my life harder than it needs to be. How do I become I better student? How do I get through this? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like a problem the teacher has rather than you. I wouldn't worry about it, just keep doing what you're doing and don't give them any reason to pick on you. Hope this is helps in some way 😄
  • Posted

Yeah I would be honest with this teacher and talk to her after class. Don't let her make you feel bad because teachers feel that everything they say is right so try to make her understand your anxiety about coming to class. It might make her realize that she needs to lay off. She probably doesn't know it's affecting you to this extent.
  • Posted

Right the thing is, whether its a teacher, a colleague, a boss or even a relative; sometimes some people are against you for no apparent reason.

I don't know why people do it, they probably don't know why they do it, but it happens.

This doesn't sound like your fault or problem at all, this is the teacher's issue that they are projecting on to you.

All you can do is continue to be the great student you are.

Do you have a guidance counsellor or anybody like that you can talk to about this?

If not I would seriously think about addressing the situation; in a none confrontational way just ask why it is you keep getting drawn reference to in class, ask what it is that you are doing that makes the teacher think you need to be chastised about.

Do it in a very calm, cool manner.

You will run in to this kind of thing a lot in life, and it's important you learn sooner rather than later how to stand your ground, and make sure you aren't taken advantage of, nor are confrontational.

If there is anybody who you can trust who you can speak to about this I would also seek their advice.

Good luck my lovely, and make sure that nobody ever has a negative impact on your education, because that really is unfair.

Take care xxx

• Posted

Yes, it sounds like the teacher has a confidence problem that they are projecting onto you. It could be that the teacher actually likes you, and knows your'e a good student so his/her attention is just drawn towards you, because he/she thinks if you pay attention then the rest of the class will because they know your'e a good student.

It could be that, but you should talk to the teacher and ask them what the issue is.

Sometimes people look as if they are not paying attention when they are. I was very quiet at school, and went around with a sort of day dreamy 'far away' look sometimes. Maybe you look as if your'e day dreaming when actually your'e not. Whatever it is, the teacher shouldnt make your life uncomfortable for no good reason. Have you told your'e parents about it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.