Skip to content
sam05057

I NEED HELP

Ive been scared im contracting epilepsy i feel like at any moment ill have a seizure im so scared i need help and reassurance I'm perfectly healthy just scared and paranoid i need help getting out of this paranoia 

3 Replies

• sam05057

Is there any indication of it? No. I understand how you feel, I feel like any minute now I’ll get an infection or something. Here’s the deal. It could happen. I could happen any minute, to anyone. Are you gonna let the what ifs control your life. You will die one day, but the other days you will be alive. Enjoy everyday and never let the what if’s chain you down. You don’t have epilepsy and just thinking you might get it won’t make you get it. I hope this helps in some way.

• sam05057

You hit the nail on the head there. You FEEL like. The key word there. Feel.

Hold on to this word. Unless you have evidence and facts to support this (real facts like a diagnosis, not just things like I feel this symptom or that symptom) you need to remind yourself and reiterate it's a feeling. Not a fact. Although these can be emotionally and physically exhausting, a feeling or a thought for that manner can't cause a seizure. A thought or a feeling can't kill you.

• sam05057

Thats not paranoia, thats a phobia. You are fine, epilepsy is not like that, and the oldet you get less chances to develop it. When you feel like that next time repeat to yourself "this is just an irrational thought, can't do anything to harm you

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.