I need help please respond ?!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

In February after some 'things' ( bad and good ) that happened in my life I started having anxiety attacks ( which I never really had before my life - I am 20 btw) At first the attacks were about my health ( I thought I was not breathing and I that I was having a heart attack my pulse and bp were sky rocketing ) so one day i couldn't handle it and I went to the ER and I had an ECG which was fine and couple of days later I went again to my doctor and I had an echo and another ECG. The doctor assured me everything was fine with my heart but he gave me propranolol because he could see I was extremely stressed out even after he assured me I was okay. So 2 months went by with the stressfull moments scaring me out and draining me of my energy but I on the bright side I was really trying to make myself believe that nothing was wrong about my health. Once though I ruled everything that could be wrong about me I started stressing about my family's health to the point that I couldn't consedtrate on my exams. Once I could see my family was okay I started stressing abut my health all over again - that's how the 2 months went by . So yesterday my exams ended and instead of enjoying it I started stressing about my health, I was sure I wasn't breathing at a point and I started obsessing that I will die 'soon'. All these thoughts came to my head yesterday because I realized that on Wednesday I am taking a trip. I have this scary feeling now that I will die 'soon' and all I am trying to do is convince myself that this is my anxiety, but I just can't. I made a connection that something will happen during the trip and I am freaking out about the flights. Please some advice because it will be a five hour trip and I feel like I would likekly freak out in the middle of the flight . I should be really looking forward to this trip because I am seeing friends I haven't seen in a long time but still I am so scared. ( and to be honest once I try to convince myself nothing bad will happen while I am on the plane I started thinking that I will die 'soon' after that and not get to live my life ) please some advice because last time it did really help ? And is my anxiety that makes me feel like I will die 'soon' right ?

P.S. With soon I don't know when, if it is in weeks or months , it is just a vague feeling but it sure feels close

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

AAAWWW YOUR SO YOUNG IM THE EXACT SAME WAY I WANT LIVE MY LIFE FULLY BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM I GIT GOOD AND BAD DAYS ITS A BATYLE WITH YOURSELF MY DOC GAVE ME ATAVAN IT WORKS U SHOUKD ASK FOR SOME FOR YOUR TRIP YOUR A YOUNG HEALTHY GIRL TRY TO LIVE LIFE GOOD LUCK
    • Posted

Thanks what you said really touched me. I really want to live my life but I am scared of wanting something so bad, I am afraid because I know 'sh*t' happenes to everyone all the time! I am afraid I won't get to do the things I want to do! This thought is terrifying and overwhelming , it makes my body ache and drains my energy.
  • Posted

We will all get through this and live life abundantly just like god promised us. Ask god to grant you the grace to overcome this
  • Posted

Marina - stop and smell the roses.  This obsession with dying is not doing you any good.  Nobody knows when they are going to die so there is not point, no point at all in obsessing about it.  All you are doing is wasting your time obsessing. STOP. I know that is easly to say than to do. None of us has any control over when our families or ourselves die and you worrying about it is not going to change it. Go and enjoy your trip, enjoy your friends and try to get hold of your worrying.  I wish you all the best x

• Posted

I know you are right everybody is being telling me this , and I know this is what I should be thinking like , I used think that way but now once a 'scary' thought like this one crossess my mind I just spiral into an infinity of anxiety. And that's why I posted here, for some good advice from people who have personal experience with anxiety , for some encouragement that I will get through this and to realize I am not the only one feeling this way. Thanks for the advice.
  • Posted

Hi marina

If ur sure u have anxiety then there's nothing to worry about anxiety can't kill u it makes u think crazy things but it all in our heads this is all mental and u have the power to make it better just let it be nothing it's going to happen and when u come back from ur trip u can tell us all how fun it was I'm really sure nothing it's going to happen I'd felt this se many times I lost count but I'm still here telling u nothing it's going to happen one question how long have u had anxiety?

• Posted

Hi there , well that's what the doctor said. He said that all the physical symptoms I had were due to anxiety. Since February, before that I remember being 'stressed' but never at this level or for that long.

Thanks I hope I will have fun !

• Posted

P.S. Btw like you asked one of the questions that actually is making me go crazy is ' am I sure I have anxiety ?' 'Was the doctor right ?'

'Maybe is not anxiety maybe is a serious illness' , 'or is it a premonition and not anxiety ?' I thought I have had 'real' symptoms and 'premonitions' about things during the past months and they weren't true , but each time it happens again I am convinced it's an illnes or a premonition and that it's not anxiety until I am proven wrong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.