I need help. Should i visit a psychiatrist ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i feel like i'm becoming extremely paranoid, i trust no one.I don't feel good. I feel like people judge me, i feel suspicious all the time, i have low self esteem, i get extremely weird thoughts all the time, i even feel sometimes as though my thoughts are not real, the world is not real. I feel like being constantly watched. especially when i'm alone from the windows. what should i do, shall i visit a psychiatrist or is this all just in my head ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

These feelings you're having are real, but they are just in your head like any other mental issue which I understand doesn't make it any easier to deal with. If its bothering you this much I would definitely recommend going to a psychiatrist and they can help pinpoint what the issue is and help you find treatment options for you. Good luck and I hope you feel better!

• Posted

Hi you need to go and see a doctor and get some medical help if you haven't already.  It's not realistic to think people are watching or judging you - after all why would they bother?  Are you that important that they would?  See a doctor. x

• Posted

Hi zephirah - if it's all in your head then of course you visit a psychiatrist. If it was real you would see the police. The psych will discuss what you are feeling and ask questions. They will assess you and if a medication is suggested, you can always say no. The issues you are experiencing may be linked to underlying issues or past trauma that has been repressed and is surfacing in this manner. Don't worry, just take the steps to understand what is happening. There is no shame in seeking help, and besides, not another soul need know about it.

• Posted

Hi zephirah,

It must be very difficult for you living with these types of thoughts. 

Having constant distrustful suspicious thoughts can have a huge impact and significantly interfere with many parts of your life.

One positive is that you have an awareness that something isn't right, the fact that you have had the insight to ask if you should seek out professional help is a huge step forward.

Seeking help and discussing the issues will determine whether a psychiatrist or psychologist is best suited for you.

Living with constant suspicion and distrust is a boundary, it is a learned coping skill we set for ourselves to deal with stress in past trauma and tends to begin in early adulthood. It is not only draining but also has a massive impact on many areas of our lives. It shouldn't be taken lightly and professional help is paramount to healing.

I hope that you do start healing from this awful pattern and start to understand the reason why so you can eventually live an authentic healthy life which we all deserve. 

Take care  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.