I need help understanding QT and QTC results from my ECG. I am terrified.

Posted , 1 user is following.

i recently got the results of several ECGs i've had done over the past year. The doctors all assured me that each ECG was normal while i was at the hospital, but the results i've recently recieved have me worried.

On an ECG from January, the doctor noted that I had normal sinus rhythm, but also added "probable left ventricular hypertrophy". I, of course, panicked, and was confused as to why the doctor never mentioned this. On an ECG from August, a different doctor performed the ECG and noted again normal sinus rhythm but this time added "probable left atrial abnormality". Again, after both of these ECGS were performed, I was told my heart was fine and sent home.

i am confused as to why i was never told about possible heart issues. I am also concerned about my QT and QTC values. In total, there were 5 ECGs. The values are as follows:

QT Values:

QTC Values:

From everything ive researched, the QT values seem to be normal, but the QTC values seem to be high.

I am a very anxious person and am now worried about possible heart abnormalities as well as long QT syndrome. I have always had a fear of heart attacks and sudden cardiac death, and this has done nothing to help me. I have an appointment with my doctor on Wednesday but the current anxiety i'm feeling makes that feel so far away, and any information I can gather now would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for any input.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.