I need help with bulling

Posted , 7 users are following.

anyone have good advice

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Are you still at school.

If so talk to your headmaster.

I was a child of the 50s, I would knock seven bells out of them !!!!!!!.

Sorry what is your situation ???

• Posted

I think the poster is female so they probably wouldn't knock 7 bells out of them like a boy might! 

• Posted

In my days Hypercat the girls were worse than the boys, they would go the extra three. rounds for the knockout.

We lived in a rough area and fighting was a real problem in the fifties/seventies.etc. On many occasions depending on where you were this sort of attitude was a real problem well into a pesons twenties. I was stabbed in Junior School.

BOB

• Posted

Bullying is very hard to deal with.. I dealt with it my entire life, physical and emotional bullying. The only real good advice I can give is to try not to let them get to you. Bullies feed off our reactions. When you react with sadness or anger, they feel satisfaction. Try not to react at all. Don't even pay attention them, Put yourself in a complete different place, think of somewhere you feel happy and safe. Where are you being bullied? By whom? Is there a trusted adult you can reach out to? Reach out via message if you would like some specific advice. I hope things get better for you soon - you do not deserve this. sad

• Posted

Hi Brigette - sorry to read of your situation. All bullies are cowards. They attempt to establish superiority by picking on those they perceive as weak. Some are extremely adept at it and can be so subtle that if you point at any particular issue they are able to shrug it off as a joke or, worse, something you have imagined or are lying about.

The first step to dealing with a bully is to realise that they are the loser, not you. Contrary to their strutting and snarling, they are weak people. They fold like tents when they are confronted and exposed.  It's important to try and keep an intellectual perspective on what is happening rather than an emotional one - it's hard because emotion is the immediate reaction to the hurt they inflict. You can journal what is happening. Today's technology allows you to record and capture any acts of aggression and are definitive forms of evidence, so get that smartphone out and capture it. This will often be enough to deter a casual bully. 

The most important thing is not to engage them. Don't respond to insults and avoid their presence when possible. Once you engage them, the stance from authorities will be that you are complicit and, indeed, you may be accused of exacerbating the problem. 

Lastly, tell someone. Someone in authority will be able to advise you of a plan of action. Hell, tell everyone. You will likely find you are not the only target and may gather reinforcements to execute your case. Hang in there. Their hate and weakness is all about themselves. You will beat this and be stronger for it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.