I need help with what I'm feeling and sometimes this had led to depression sometimes bc of my pasts

Posted , 5 users are following.

ugh... i like this boy and i texted him yesterday asking if i'm too much of a nuisance and he replied No but sometimes you text a little too much (with a smiley face😊wink and gosh i don't understand what that emoji was for can someone please tell me what he meant. but first of all i wrote a letter straight from the heart so i could get it off my chest already. im just too nervous and embarrassed/frightened to death. some one please help me out. btw i plan on giving him the letter when i actually have courage to. 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

i think the the smiley face and wink is bringing humour to it so as to not upset you.  Keyboards and texts are all well and good but there is no eye contact, humour or body language involved so this is put as emoji as I do the same thing to mean they are putting a point over but not in a nasty way.  After all if you could hear it being said or see it being said you would get the expression that is involved in it.  I lived before all this texting and keyboard when we had the good old landline only when I dated and if I’m honest I would be the same as you trying to work things out what the texts mean and I’m glad I didn’t have all this technology it must be awful fathoming all this out.  Depression makes us analyse more and if we are having a down period we may think we aren’t worthy of knowing when really it’s our mind doing it all.  Only you will know when is the right time for the letter. x 

• Posted

thank you, but honestly i think i will give him the letter on monday, since my friend has a point and so i will listen to him bc he keeps pushing me and so i will try. thank you for the response 
    • Posted

oh i just realized there was a wink he didnt put that, just the smiely face
  • Posted

Otaku

He seems to like you, He seems like He feels you text him to much. Cut your texts down a little and you seem to have an admirer

BOB

• Posted

hi, but um could you tell me how would you know if he seems to like me... he's always busy doesn't seem to like me at all but is a very nice friend.

• Posted

Hi Otaku - ah, the pitfalls of love...His text message was a kindly, good humoured way of saying 'a little space please.' I would hold onto the letter until you are sure about whether he will be receptive to it. Perhaps at that stage you can say it in person, which will be heart-racing but real and endearing. Be careful not to scare him away by coming on too strong. And you must prepare yourself for rejection. We are always here to talk.

• Posted

thank you i appreciate it pls do. i have many problems ahead this is my second one #1 is really major so please go ahead and read it 
  • Posted

Hi otaku! I agree with wayne1962 that he may need a little bit of space. Some guys really don't like to spend a lot of time typing lengthy messages. They also prefer talking in person than in mobile so don't be offended if he doesn't reply asap. Try not to bombard him with messages because that can be annoying sometimes. If you have the courage to ask him about his feelings for you, then do so. But if you feel that you need more time for him to develop his feelings or quite unsure about how he really feels, you might want to give it some time and observe. Does the letter you would send him is lengthy as well? You might want to hold that off for now.

• Posted

oh okay thank you i see, yea its long its 5 star paper and its filled 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.