I need reassurance

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi everyone i will try to make this as brief as possible.

i have been suffering from anxiety and ocd since i was in my late teens im 32 now.

all my life i only suffered mentally and the only occasional physical symptom of heart palpitations.

begining of this year however has been different. i started getting dizzy which later became constant head pressure is the only way i can describe it, and the most mysterious symptom was and still is facial tightness pressure pulling feeling that starts anywhere from between my eyes, forehead and sinus area. please keep in mind that i have visited so many doctors and have undergone numerous tests all of them said i am fine.

i will list the physical symtoms that i got this year.

• facial tightness (forehead, between eyes)
  • aching jaw
  • head tightness pressure
  • heart racing and palpitations
  • finger numbness and toe numbness usually on right arm and foot
  • head tingling
  • blurred vision
  • throat and chest tightness
  • tense muscless sometimes all over
  • lost tons of weight

i am currently taking zoloft for the past 8 weeks and honestly has helped i would say by 50 % and has helped some of the above symptoms.

my question is are these physical

symptoms really anxiety related ? especially the face forhead tightness, tingling or pressure ?

the reason im asking is because the above symptoms happen to me even if im not anxious and in fact id be relaxed mentally and it will hit me it doesnt matter if im stressed or not.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My story is like u aj. What i do. Every second day i m aleast in hospital emergency. 5 year ago dr did my eps to reduce my heart beat. 5 year ago i had ct angio that was normal. Now from almost 4 year i feel jeart sinking. My heart is so weak. Its muscels r so weak. Dr did my echo that is 60 percent. Many cardiologist checked me. They did my blood tests that r normal. Ecg is normal.

I have pain in.my left arms veins in jaws. Dr did me prothiaden 25 mg inderal 10 mg and awardin plus 50 mg. I asked many times to cardiologist tell me the true story. The said my heart is ok. Dr advise me daily walk 1 hour. But i cannot walk above 20 mint. When i take rest after walk my heart start badly sinking.

Now my current condition is i walk 20 mint and my heart has pain not severe . Pain in left arm veins. Many of times i told this to my cardiologist but they dont notice it. When i go in emergency in hospital they took my ecg and if it is ok they send me back.

But i am very much worry about . All time weeping. I m 38 year old. I m afraid of my symptoms. My all symptoms lead to heart failure. I cannot smoke now. My heart cannot tolerate it. When i walk and then do rest i feel very upset heart. I cannot pick 10 kg weight and walk 20 steps. But i dont know why dr dont take me serious. Or they know i my going to pass. I changed dr. Same answer. Please i request u what i do. Do i need angio graphy

Please which test is necessery to check my heart strength. Why my heart is so weak in 38 year of age. Do i need transplant. I request u please advise me what next step i have to take. Because day by day my condition in going bad.

• Posted

i am on the same boat as you and dont know except that if you have been cleared by more than one doctor i would suggest seeing psychiatrist doctor.

• Posted

Hi,

Like many of the other thread posters I suffer from head pressure (not painful but a like a squeezing / tightening behind the eyes), dizziness, off-balance and head rushes. If it is of any re-assurance have had MRI seen doctors / neurologist all came back clean and was prescribed with amitriptyline for the tension style headaches. I seem to suffer the symptoms when around uncomfortable environments (such as workplace / busy shops etc) and the problem seems to subside when I am at home or where I am comfortable.

My biggest source of anxiety seems to be other people..... when I am surrounded by loud / small-minded / ignorant / moronic people I can feel the head pressure building - like a fog moving over my head.

• Posted

hi crispy, exactly the same i hate it.

how do you cope do you take any medication ?

• Posted

Hi Aj,

I would call it surviving rather than coping 😕 I take amitriptyline which does help to reduce the head pressure but I don't like taking it due to side effects (excessive sweating - it's embarrassing). The head pressure I feel seems to be behind the eyes building steadily during the day, sometimes the working day feels like climbing a mountain ...

• Posted

oh man can i relate. i went through that for a solid 3 months. it comes and goes now.

the only that has helped me was xanax it completely took it away.

do you also get a sort of confusion feeling when you get the head pressure ?

• Posted

The worst I have felt is the room virtually spinning like feeling drunk but I had not touched a drop of alcohol. I like using the gym and was having real trouble on placing my feet when using the treadmill which was quite disturbing.

Can't wait until the Christmas break !

• Posted

Yep! I have had ALL of those symptoms from anxiety!

• The most annoying was dizziness - felt like I was on a boat 24-7 and it lasted for like 2 months. But the most uncomfortable I'd say was the muscle tension I would get in my neck/head. It would be sooo tense and tight and last for days. I bought a heating pad and I would lay my head/neck on it after work every night. Seemed to help but during the day at work I was so uncomfortable.
  • Posted

Hey

so I went for an eye exam today after not getting much help from Drs about blurred vision and weird eye/head pressure.

The optician said both my eyes where in perfect health and more importantly he couldn't see any pressure or tumour warning signs behind each eye.

He thinks blurryness is down to too much mucus and dry eye. He said he couldn't see anything else causing it.

I know I should now be put at ease after having good blood test results and now being told there's no issues behind my eyes, but i am still sat here stressing and feeling weird in my face and eye area thinking there's something they have missed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.