I need sleep

Posted , 8 users are following.

Anyone have any ideas, I work 5 night a week I'm lucky if I get 6 hours ( broken sleep) I'm on 25mg amitriptyline which has recently been increased, my occupational therapist has told me I need to seriously think about giving up my job, sad . Love and hugs to everyone x

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I think therapist is right. If you cannot be happy when in the shadow of God then move on.
  • Posted

I have been on Amitriptyline 25 mg for over 16 years now, I take it about 6-8 at night and I sleep well with no Fibro pain all night....maybe you need to look at when you take it....it knocks  me out...but I still wake up fir toilet ok throughout the night....night shift can knock your clock about if that's what you do...maybe giving up work is the only solution ??? but if you need the money then there a whole new issue of worry and stress..which is really bad for Fibro, hooe you get some info that really helps you Kerry...be blessed...have a lively day..:-) xx
    • Posted

It's a learning curve only diagnosed in April, I think I need to see if the increased dose starts working, I don't want to give up my job just yet as I'm still relatively young (35) although the body feels about 90. Thank you for your reply it's good to have people to talk to as everyone at home doesn't really understand, you have a lovely day too x
    • Posted

It's good, I was out on more originally, but it made me feel like a zombie all day, then it was lowered gradually to 10mg..over night..fir years..then I thought I better start to get off them..don't ask me why!!! So I didn't take anything fir nearly a year ...but the Iain and muscle soasms were soo bad the dr out me back on them at 25 mg,,,it really works well for me, some people need stronger dose, some need less and even some get no relief from it..but judging by this blog most people are on it...it was originally a low dose antidepressant, they found out how good it blocked pain from travelling from nerve end to nerve end throughout the body,..thats Fibro..  so now it's prescribed for pain relief...the antidepressant even though it may not be very strong is such a bonus for us sufferers too, praying for you David, really hope it works for you too..God bless you..but remember God is always in control..:-) xxx
    • Posted

You are sooooo young to be diagnosed..grr...I really do hope this med works well for you Kerry...and that you will be ok for working... be blessed..have a lovely day..I find this blog awesome..there is always someone on here to chat to as we are all over the world...I have gained soo much knowledge from others too...and we all know what it feels like so we are very empathetic ...:-) xxx
    • Posted

Sorry for late reply I was sleeping, it's so good to speak to someone who is going through what I'm going through and who understands it all, there's some interesting info on here I will take and try. Have a lovely day xxx
  • Posted

It doesn't sound like much but advil pm liquid gels actually work for me..I wake up without that stiffness feeling and don't feel groggy in the morning after I get moving. I feel you, I have to get up for work at 4am and my husband gets home around midnight so between my pain and those hours I don't get much sleep either but wen I have a day off I sure use those advil pms!
  • Posted

I've just been put on to 30mg and I'm also on tramadol but I still wake a few time s 😕
  • Posted

I'm also young ish lol 34 but feel 90 it's such a horrible thing to have x

Sending gentle hugs

• Posted

hi kerry i to am having probe with sleep work issues i have only recently been told i have fibro but have put up with symptons till june then it totally hit me and i sat and cried to tired to go to work doctor put me off tor the mth till i got my rheumy appt which took 16 wks im lucky in one way coz im in a school {cleaner} theu were shut till middle of august  i only work few hrs each afternnoon i askede the rheumy doc about work and a rather snotty answer was we need to work it is good for us and she could nt say not to work my job is heavy lifting and repetitve so prob not best but for now money is needed don t know if you tried claiming benefit i work with one person who does office jobs also fibro and claims mobility and care and a friend from yrs ago claims as well not sure what country you in im in uk they claim pip/dla x
  • Posted

I also have Fibro...my legs and knees hurt so badly at night. I take a .5 Xanax in the morning, and another on later in the evening.  I also added Collegen to my agenda. (2 in the morning, 2 at night)  That helps strengthen your bones and lubricates your joints.  It  has helped me a lot...I also take a Melatonin right before I'm ready to go to sleep...Fibro is one of the worst things in the world to have, especially if you are as young as you are....Hope this helps...Gentle hugs....
    • Posted

hi carol hope you don t mind me askin as i say im new to fibro my hips and knes are the worst i think day and night but have found now i can t stand still for more than 5minutes as my legs feel like there tremoring and going to give way if i walk its slightly improved but last week got caught out on a long walk along a sea wall i had to stop several time as one of those walks where you have to   finish coz it was as far to go back as to end lol  do you experience same thing with weak legs x

• Posted

My aches seem to be everywhere at the moment, the worst ones seem to be my hands I have splints now to wear for work and exercises to do to try and strengthen my grip, I will take your info on board helps to find out what things work for other people, love and hugs x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.