I need some advice cos i feel like ive lost control again

Posted , 4 users are following.

2 weeks ago i saw a councellor who told me i have moderate depression and i am getting help but not for another 8 weeks so im on my own till then, about 2 months ago i completly lost my appetite and ate about 100 calories a day for 3 or 4 weeks and lost over a stone, which was scary because im 16, before i lost my appetite i was purging and binging constantly, at least once every 2 days, i was also cutting quite often, i have cut a few times in the past 2 months but not in about 3 weeks, i was also eating enough food for the past 3 weeks. But starting sunday i started to feel the urge to cut again but because of the hot weather managed to stop myself cos i was thinking about how i wouldnt be able to cover them, i had the urge again yesterday and today but managed to stop myself. After dinner today i made myself sick, which is somethig i havent done in a bit over 2 months, im scared and dont want it to be a vicious cycle. Can someone help me, how can i stop these thoughts and temptations?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Demand to see a doctor tomorrow, you need help now!
    • Posted

But ive seen a doctor and thats why im getting CBT in 8 weeks, so i feel like the doctor has done what they can.
    • Posted

Go back and say it's not enough you need something, because I was raped I can ring rape crisis or a sexual and violence helpline, I've even rang the samaritans!

• Posted

Im really sorry to hear that, i hope your doing okay? And yeah i guess your right, ill try and book an appointment with my doctor.
  • Posted

Hi Annabel, you do need to go back to your GP if your feeling like this, you can't wait another 8 weeks before you get help, you need it now. 

• Posted

Hmm thank you, i will try and book an appointment, because 8 weeks is a long time.
  • Posted

Oh ya dear annabel

My heart is ripping out my chest as I read this story your dr is a real ??? Well I not going there.

Anyway listen Hun the Drs big thing now is cbt it's government funded and cheap as chips

You do me a favour young lady I want you to read up on cbt your very clever I see that in how you articulate you need to know about these things a little before you go to the Drs so let's get you armed a little ok so you can go in and say cbt is cognitive behavioural therapy this will address how you act it success rate is what Drs would call good what we suffers call average because it looks at how you act on impulse baby girl you need a little more than that.

What you need Hun is cbt combined with DBT dialect behaviour therapy this addresses how you think in your brain how you view yourself

There are three things that contribute to your mind you have cognitive imaginary and inner dialect ok? So this is how it works you see yourself as something let's say it was overweight! This goes in and your imaginary shows you how you must appear right?

Ok then the inner dialect comes into play that's the voice you hear in your head normally your own ( if your thinking right now what voice what's he on about? That's the one!) it tells you gosh you are fat you need to do this to combat that!

Then there's the cognitive behaviour that's the part that makes you act on it babe so when you go back to your gp keep this messages of you like to help you say to them look it's all very well treating the cognitive bit but if we don't change the innermost dialect it's going to come back you know it and I know it so let's not beat round the bush show them they can not palm you off baby girl

There is also something called personal talking therapy but they really don't like doing that as it very expensive Hun you young lady are out future the next generation if you get no-where which I very much doubt aimed with this knowledge then change your gp ask for the mental health team to assess you again if they already have done so and bring it up to them once they realise your not stupid you'll make leaps and bounds in recovery

I'm so sorry I can't be more help

God I'm thinking of you

Keep us posted please

Mike

• Posted

Ps read up on the DBT too go aimed to the teeth with understanding Hun know the difference between the too and the benifets of both

You go grab that help Hun your the future remember that's!!

Mike

• Posted

Thank you so so much, thats really helpful and so nice to know that you care that much and took the time to write all of that out for me, ive never heard of DBT before so ill read about it, thank you so much, i really appreciate your help.
    • Posted

Your so welcome

I really hope it helps and your a little wiser and feel a little more informed on what you really need to help you get better dont give up

mike

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.