I NEED SOME HELP!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone for the last 3-4 weeks I’ve been having mucus around my stool, and sometimes a streak of blood ( always a different colour bright and dark ) and I’ve been to the doctors and they said they will get me a blood test done so I had it and it was normal no action.

My diet is appaling, my diet recently is meat pie everyday ever 2-3 of them and sometimes Nutella on Toast or Nutella on Pankakes. And sometimes the odd Ready Meal on a different day. I don’t put weight on and I haven’t lost any weight either.

I’m 15, a boy. And I feel like it’s flared up again whatever it is because for a weeks and a half I’ve gave it no attention at all, and now it’s come back with blood. I HAVE NO PAIN ANYWHERE! Thank goodness!” smile 

So I don’t know what it could be because I’ve heard for IBS or IBD it’s really painful. And I don’t have pain.

My old Symptoms that I use to have are:

Constipation

Diarrea after constipation ended

Sometimes loose stool

NO being sick

Blood and mucus/ still have it now!

Sometimes I would have wind and then go toilet and then I would get wind and the Just this snotty mucus would come out instead but that hasn’t happened in a while.

So I just need some answers please!

Thankyou to everyone that has took the time to read this and I will take my time to answer the replies and thankyou!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Nay

If it has started again you need to go back to your Doctor and ecplain the spotting etc on the toilet paper.

Your GP may check your bottom over and check for various problems you may have. They may send you to hospital for a further test.

If your diet is poor change your diet you should be eating plenty of fruit and vegetables, When you have breakfast bread is best wholemeal as are your cereals, we are putting home grown Raspberries on our cereal although any fruit will help your diet. The same with your Lunch, we have some cucumber, tomato, and veg Pepper slices with a sandwich in whole meal bread with a low fat spread and some meat. At night we always have at least one veg with low fat meat etc.

You can also talk to your GP He will give you diet sheets that can follow something like above

BOB

• Posted

I’m still free to hear anyone else!
    • Posted

Nay,

I agree with the previous reply you need to go back to your GP to talk about the recurrent blood in your stool. You know you diet is poor and that does need to improve to increase the amount of fibre through vegetables.  It is good that the blood test was normal, but you still are producing blood and mucous which isn't right so needs to be looked at further

• Posted

Change your diet and cut out all junk and processed food.. Cook from fresh and eat plenty of fruit and vegetables.  Keep a food diary when you change your diet to see if anything is causing symptoms.  Constipation and diarrhoea can cause haemorrhoids and fissures which can bleed.  This would show as bright red blood.  Since it is sometimes dark, you will need to see your doctor again and push for further testing such as a colonoscopy.

I have no idea whether it is IBS or IBD since you don't have pain and pain is a major symptom of both conditions.  Only a doctor can diagnose you.

• Posted

I don’t really get blood just the odd time like after I’ve had a bit of constipation. 
    • Posted

That could be the constipation causing local problem such as a haemorrhoid, which all comes back to the poor diet, you need more fibre to avoid episodes of constipation

Una

• Posted

I do get worried sometimes about this as I am only 15 I never get pain never which is wierd the whole time when I ignored it it basically kinda went and then I had this stupid poor diet again with pie and chocolate and now it’s come back again. The only thing I keep thinking I have is Cancer sadly but I don’t have pain which I know is a really good thing and it hasn’t got worse it gets better then I go back to my poor diet and it comes back. Thanks Una
    • Posted

If the blood comes after constipation, it could be haemorrhoids or a fissure if you are straining. However, if you improve your diet, it will help your constipation.  Your bowel needs fibre to help it to function properly.  See your doctor since bleeding should always be investigated and mention your diet.

I have IBS and fruit, particularly oranges really helps my constipation. You could also try a short term stool softener to make stools easier to pass so you will not have to strain too much.

• Posted

Possibly IBS. Try COLPERMIN you can buy them from a chemist and if you find they work then you can get them on prescription.

Hope this helps.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.