I NEED SOME HELP PLEASE!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello i was diagnosed with adhd and dyspraxia when i was 18 now 22 abd due to having a pregnancy scare i got took off all medication i have had depression and anxiety since 2013 i am currently on 30mg mitazapine and have been on it 2 weeks i also take diazepam as im STILL waiting to be seen by the adhd team sibce being on mitazapine i have not been able to sleep untill gone 2am and not waking up untill gone 2pm i have been snappy with anyone i hate snapping at my partner tge slightest thing such as coming up behind me and giving me a hug and im biting his head off please any advice am i on the right medication my anxiety has not been dealt with my depression is worse i now cant leave my home alone i cant be home alone as i get scared and panic has anyone got any advice?

Thank you in advance x

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You have not been taking it very long. Takes about 4 to 6 weeks for full effect I believe..have you tried taking you pill earlier? I take mine at at 8pm and go to bed around 12.00
  • Posted

I advise to go back and see your doctor or psychiatrist to see if they can fond another one as it sounds like it might not be the one for you tell him about your panic attacks and write everything down so that its easy to explain and ypur symptoms hope this helps
  • Posted

Im on mitazapine and I dont find the meds have helped my anxiety.. i sleep better by taking the med at 7.30. try taking it early in the day... 

• Posted

I should of said i take it at 6pm every night
    • Posted

You need to speak to your doc. The lower dose 15mg. Is supposed to be better for sleep.
    • Posted

Hi pat i dont care about the sleep part what bothers me is the fact ive become more passive aggressive compared to before i started taking it i take diazapam untill i see the adhd team to be put onto propper meds for my adhd x
  • Posted

I have not had that my self. But I am only on 15mg for anxiety and Panick. It makes me very very tired. Not wanting to do much. Wouldn't have the energy to get aggressive. Or even answer back

• Posted

Im always tired but since being on this and diazepam its making me sleep and my partner has to wake me up if i was on my own i wouldnt wake up im going to demand a new medication for my depression anxiety and panic attacks x
  • Posted

Hello all i spoke to the duty doctor today and was advised to start takimg 15mg for 7 days then stop taking it all together also been told a urgent request for me to be seen within 48 hours by the mental health team will update all whrn i have more info thanks to all x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.