I need some relief

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm 15 and have a anxiety disorder I'm on therapy been checked etc but daily I get this urge that I'm going to die at any given moment it's really odd and scares me a lot can you help... And on a side note when you have a panic attack domyounfind it hard to talk to people I feel very unreal when I talk to someone during a panic attack 

2 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I haven't be diagnosed with anxiety I just know I have it im planning on going to drs to get it checked out wht helps me is that I play the computer alot keeps my mind off a lot of things im 20 it all started when I got told I had inflamed cartilage to my ribs it all went down hill then if u dont get out the house alot and ur stuck in it makes things worse what you want to as your young u need to get out and hang out with your mates its hard coping with it the more you think of it it gets worse try not to I know its hard keep your chin up mate u will get through it no worries and some times I carnt talk to my gf but it helps if you do try talk to people 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi! My anxiety and panic attacks started when I was around your age and I'm now 20. I didn't think I was about to die but I did think there was something really wrong with me healthwise. Doing CBT activies and challenging your thoughts and evidence to support your thoughts I found has helped me think that I'm not really ill. I also find it really difficult to talk to people when I'm panicking (I thought that was just me!). I either feel like everything around me goes really quickly or slowly. I find it really hard to process anything and to get my words out. You're not alone! Good luck smile x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

During a panic attack your not yourself its like your not even the person who u were before yes its very hard to talk to someone during an attack I just wanna grab someone to make sure I'm real all the symptoms can't breathe heart races chest hurts its unreal but panic attacks r the worse I am 24 I had anxiety since I was 14 years old but the panic attacks will go away I mean I managed to live with them for years and yes it has gotten worse for me this month but if u keep faith and u keep hope that it will go away it will soon enough anxiety isn't forever I feel like I'm gonna die 24/7 it sucks I'm so scared but I keep hope that's what gets me through the days I hope u get better and I believe in u 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I find myself leaving the room if I am with someone. And even going up to lay down when I feel an attack coming on. The thought of talking makes me feel uneasy, but many times I have phoned a duty worker from a mental health practice near me and found that talking for a few minutes eases the attack quite a lot.

If you feel an attack coming on, try to get your phone out and visit a website that has a lot of reading content on it. It doesn't have to be about anxiety, but continuous reading can stimulate your mind and help relieve you of your sensations. Either that or put a comedy clip on youtube. Some little things lkke that can help. Give it a go

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up