I need some tips on how to ignore palpitations, flutters etc.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I got the all clear from my cardiologist that my heart is fine. But now how do I ignore these palpitations, and retrain my way of thinking without having an anxiety attack or panic attack, as some of you probably already know palpitations are hard to ignore especially when you have health anxiety over your heart, I got the answers I wanted but how do I move on? Would be grateful for any tips given?

Thanks guys.☺❤

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

The bad thing abt health anxiety is that even though you get the all clear from the Drs you still have that little voice in the back of your head that says "what if". Ive went to the ER, seen my PCP and even seen the Cardiologist several times. I even work for a Cardiology office and went to several of my Drs for advice. Im working with a Psychiatrist and Psychologist to help me with it. I hope you will be able to find the answers you are needing and that it will give you peace of mind. smile
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi, yeah that's the only bad side too it really the big "what if" I'm going to try and do some yoga again and meditate. I get twitchy when I get lightheaded or a bit dizzy, but least I know its all anxiety related. I believe I will get over it, just going to take a lot of hard work. X
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You could try Mindfulness. It's working for me and I've had bad anxiety since last September. Determined to get off medications aysap.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

My councillor has told me about that and said it might help. I'm starting a course in 2 weeks stress control hopefully something will come of that. X
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Then I think Ann is giving you good advice. I hope all goes well I think we women are far more health conscious than men, but worrying about something you haven't got makes the stress worse! In my case I did have something, I was Hypermobile which makes your body out of balance. The sad thing with me is the medical profession have only just caught up with is problem!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Iv have had the all clear had ecgs echo 24 hour hotel and that was all in December/up to Feb amd nothe symtoms finally eased and returned now it is so hard to ignore them I feel your pain 😔 try to remember constantly your heart is healthy xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Trying to get out of the pattern of constantly thinking about it. I accosite everything that I feel with my heart, like if I get dizzy its my heart or feel ill in general. I have noticed that now I know there's nothing wrong it goes away quicker. Changing the way we think is hard the mind is so powerful. 😞
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up