I need suggtions on how to handle physical symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all,

I am having a hard time dealing with the pysical symptoms of my anxiety. I get a racing heart, cheast pains, dry mouth, feeling like its hard to breath, dizziness, and shaking. I get really tense and by the end of the day I am sore all over. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle these ? I try breathing exersizes and sometimes they work but sometimes they dont. Thanks for all your support

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hey skylakendall,

i suffered for over a year with all the physical symptoms from anxiety and i couldnt get it under control by myself. i had to go on celepram (cit) which has basically taken all my symptoms away. it has been a saviour for me to get my life back as i have 2 children i need to be at my best for! it hasnt been easy its been like a rollercoaster ride but i am finally getting to where i need to be! are you on anything for your anxiety? i never thought id have to resort to meds but i am glad i did.

sorry i know this doesnt help you much but id thought id post something. hope you get better soon!

• Posted

Thank you and every little bit helps, I currently do have some ativan for (just in case) as a last resort. But I havent had to resort to that yet I have been trying to handle things with out meds. But just incase I do have them. Thank you again And I know I will get better soon smile
  • Posted

Hi sky

I've just read this and your other post and it sounds like we are going through something really similar!

I'm 25 and just moved out of home with my bf and friend.. Or trying to! The last few weeks I've being dealing with a big hit of anxiety and panic attacks and its horrible maybe the worst I've had. I have suffered with levels of it and depression before and manages to overcome (yay) But this I am struggling with and can't wait for it to just leave me alone. I'm sure you feel the same!

I get the same physical symptoms so I really understand and sympathise! I cope with them better some times than I do others but I have been trying mindfulness and trying to say to myself ''okay let it happen let it ride over me it will happen and I'll be okay" I know it's easier said than done but it can help. Along with the breathing and trying to put your focus on something else if you can. And keep moving doing something. I just try to bring myself back down if you know what I mean. But I understand.

I'm sorry if I'm not the best help but just thought it might help to know someone is here in a similar position and understands! I'm sorry about your family worries that must be hard. But you sound strong and determined to get better and thats amazing.

Can you talk to someone close to you about this that understands?

We will get over it! Hard to see it now but have to keep remembering

Natalie

• Posted

PS I have seen my Dr twice since so I am on meds and also might be going to CBT

• Posted

Hello natalie

Thank you so much for getting back to me, I do feel as though we do have a lot in common with the moving and everything. I do feel the same way in the sense of just wanting it to go away. And it frustrates me when it comes back. I know we can both get through this, I am feeling good today. And you actually helped me this morning, I awoke at 8 am which isnt ideal as I work evenings. I awoke in a panic attack but I just keep telling myself (its just a feeling and it will pass, and you are safe) and I actually went back to sleep easily. Useally it takes me a hour or so of having an attack and waking my boyfriend up for comfort to get back to sleep but I used your advice about telling myself its gonna be okay And it really did help me so thank you thank you thank you smile

I really do have a good support system and a couple of close people who I can talk to. My doctor is great and understanding same with my work and family. And I am trying my hardest to just keep remebering I will get over this. And just to ride it out till it happens. So once again thank you  

• Posted

Hi smile

Can relate to all these physical symptoms. My legs (mainly my knees) go all crampy after i've been shaking & it lasts for ages & aches! all i can really recommend is sitting down when you feel like this, have a drink of water on you, close your eyes, just take some breaths. I know it sounds so obvious but it's all in our hands to fight these symptoms off. I sometimes light a candle & just have a relaxing moment, bit of meditation smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.