I need to vent and advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well to start off I'm 17 and I have anxiety and severe depression. I have no motivation to do anything anymore. All I do everyday is stay home by myself. I don't have any friends that actually care about me, they only use me for money or a ride so I don't hang out with them. Yeah my mom is there for me but she doesn't bother to talk to me about why I'm feeling like this, she thinks it's normal for a 17 year old girl to be suicidal and stay home everyday. lol that just amazes me. The only person that was ever really there for me and cared about me was my ex, I was with him for 4 years, but I ****ed things up with him and he'll never treat me the same. He actually treats me like shit and I accept it but I guess that's what I deserve. I have nothing going for me. I feel like a failure. I'm not even graduating with my class. I just want to give up

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I think we all feel like this sometime in life. We **** up. We get it wrong. We betray someone. We dont act the way we would like to.  We are cruel and thoughtless sometimes. This is what it is to be a human being. We are not perfect and sometimes we get things wrong. This is a hard lesson in growing up. You are not perfect. But he is not perfect either, and neither is your mother. I am not perfect. None of us are. So feel a failure, yes, if you want to, but we all have high points and low points, we all have things go well with us and then not go well for us. It sucks but it's how life is. You will be a success in something. You just haven't got there yet. Most successful people in life have done badly in education. It is not everything. 

By the way, you are having anxiety attacks. It is not a mental health issue. You are not going mad and you will not die. It just feels like it at the time. Anxiety never harmed anyone. You will be OK. Anyone sitting on their own all day will get depressed. Try to get out for a bit even if it is just a walk around the block. All the crappy thoughts you are having are just the result of a tired mind. They will go when you are better. This is not a permanent condition.

Good luck to you. I feel for you but you will get through it.

• Posted

Hi celinenicette.

if you are suffering within your relationship and he is abusing you verbally or worse then call time and leave for your own sense of worth and happiness.  You are suffering because of him so forget him and concentrate on graduating.

Good luck

Richard

• Posted

yeah but it's easier said then done. If I had the ability to leave him trust me I would. But thanks
  • Posted

Hey, everything you just said is literally the exact same thing I'm going through only I'm 18. Have you tried maybe going to your doctor? They can get you help like therapy I would really recomment it! I'm so sorry you're going through this I wouldnt wish it on my worse enemy, I hope life gets better for you! x
    • Posted

Yeah I have seen a doctor I'm on Zoloft but it just makes me feel all druggy but I would like to see a therapist. It's good to know that I'm not alone I guess it happens to the best of us. Thanks and I wish the same for you! 
  • Posted

You really have me concerned. Didn't you post this exact same post a few weeks ago? I've replied to your other posts you've made like this and yet despite my posts and many others who have also posted and tried to help you, I don't see that anything is better for you yet.  I have to wonder have you tried anything that any of us have suggested? If not, why? I really think you need speak live with someone who is professional who can give you medication and the help you need as it seem we here are not able to give you anything that seems to help. I know, I, as well as many others here would like to see you get some help, that is if this is your real problem, Is it? Or is it something else you are having problems with just coming out and saying, if not, I'm really baffled by all these similar posts and all the advise and that you have not said that you've tried any suggestions from anyone. Please tell us, how can we help you? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.