I need urgent anonymous crisis care - but nobody will help me

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello

I have been suffering with severe depression over the past few months...

Eventually, a two days ago, I reached critical point and walked to A&E, but they turned me away because I refused to give them my personal details (D.O.B, address, GP details, etc.)

I tried contacting a few other organisations but none of them will help me - and I don't know what to do!

I can't give them my details - I want this to be private. I don't want there to be a record in some database, and it doesn't help if I'm promised it will be confidential. I am at a loss, and I just can't understand how the NHS can turn a person down who said to them that he would rather kill himself than give his details, particularly as there are still such stigmas associated with male mental health - but that's what happened. And I simply don't know what to do now.

Does anybody have any advice for me (other than trying to convince me to give out my details, which won't happen)? Please. I am in desperate need for urgent care. I don't know what can help me - but I guess probably medication (Although I don't know and I pray that it's not medication, as I don't want that). Please - nobody will help me and I don't know what to do.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry for your pain. Not only are you suffering emotionally, it is compounded by finding no empathetic ear to actually hear and act.

I have suffered from crippling depression for quite some time. It gets worse at certain times of the year -- usually corresponding to the death of my mother and young son.

What has helped me tremendously are articles on the website jw.org. The articles are bible-based, and they offer practical suggestions that really work. You can search for topics specific to your anxieties, and get genuine encouragement about the future. A few of the articles that I've read, and keep referring back to, aren't anti-medicine by any means, but they have offered comfort and hope for genuine, permanent relief.

I am sure you have your reasons for anonymity, and I hope that what you find on the website will help you to feel comforted by the promises that will take place very soon, right here on earth, when nothing will make us anxious or depressed again.

Shawn

• Posted

Hi Tom

I'm sorry you're struggling so badly right now.

To be honest, the NHS is your best bet in a crisis but they do have to have details for you. You could try giving them false information but I doubt that would fool them for long. The other option of course is going private but that is very expensive and they'll probably want your details anyway.

You could try Maytree in London - they're charity based and offer a five day free of charge stay for people who are considering taking their lives. It's an amazing place with loads of support but it's not a medical facility so won't be able to prescribe any medication.

You won't find anywhere in the UK to prescribe any medications without your full details. Have you considered taking any of the natural supplements - I've heard good reports about 5htp which you can buy from Amazon or Holland and Barrett. It might help you a little.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help but without giving your details it's going to be nearly impossible to find any crisis support. I wish you all the best and hope you find something to help.

• Posted

unfortunately no NHS medical facility will be able to treat you without knowing your details - for a number of very valid reasons - ie that you are entitled to NHS treatment, what they can prescribe given your medical and medication history, etc etc.

Try contacting MIND - they may be able to help, at the very least with a referral and it WILL be totally confidential.

• Posted

so sorry you feel so bad. I suppose you have to weigh up what is more important, your mental health currently versus anonymity. What about contacting The Samaritans? sending you a hug.

• Posted

Hi Tom. I walked out through a massive amount of stress on top of depression 3 weeks ago with no intention of going home. I've now begged for help, i have a double disability and am fighting for a pip claim too. Your details are to keep you safe and look after you as best authorities, you may be seen to be obstructing them helping you. They may see you as a vulnerable person, they may offer help. TAKE IT! With both hands.x Good luck. The name and address/other details are for their records, it's NOT a trap!

• Posted

Hi I agree with the others that the NHS must take your details for any help to be offered. The only way to be able to keep this off your records is to find a private counsellor but this is expensive. You pay for privacy. They would need to take your details but as far as I am aware they would not need to contact your doctor.

I wonder if you fear being seen as weak because you are male with mental health issues? It doesn't mean that at all so if is your male ego getting in the way this would be a shame if it stops you accessing proper help.

Did you know the biggest cause of death in the Western World for men aged between 25-40 is suicide? Surely your life is more important than your ego? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.