I panic whenever I see my friend what does it mean?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi guys umm I am new. I just wanted some advice on what's going on. I recently had a fight with my best friend. Ever since I can't look at her or even just her name without panicking. I can't control it. For most of this year whenever I have been around my friends my chest hurts and I feel sick. I can't really explain it. It's just this feeling of panic that I can't stop.

0 likes, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

Why would they make you feel like that? Do they judge you too much,are they hard to get along with,do they support you when you need them? Do you consider them trustworthy friends that wil be there when you need them? You shouldnt feel uncomfortable about true friends,you have heard of toxic people in a persons life. Are they ? Just trying to figure it out. M ust be some reason.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Well my best friend kept lying and then started being really rude and mean to me, I have told her we are no longer friends but she won't leave me alone. I understand being upset by the whole thing but I just can't stop panicking when I am around her. And I don't know what to do because she is going to hang around me every day. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

She just makes you feel really uncomfortable because of what happened in the past,hard situation to be in,Im sure I would feel funny if that happened with my best friend and i had to see her all the time. I guess,just speak when spoken to,be civil but back away. Sooner or later things will get better,probably just takes time.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

If I were you I would see a therapist or a psycologist. I kinda feel like that too sometimes, but i think it might just be social anxiety.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I can relate to some of what you're going through. I recently broke off a 12 yrs friendship because I was having very high anxiety when around her. For me, it was all her drama and problems that she constantly talked about but did nothing about. It caused me a lot of anxiety and I could not deal with it. I apparently am an empathic person and I take on the emotional feeling of those around me. I began to be nervous and anxious anytime she called me or wanted to get together. It has been less than a week and I do feel better, but grieve the loss. You may have these traits or it could be unrelated, but for ME, I have to trust my gut.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I guess she is close by and still comes to see you or call? Mine came by once, and fortunately I had some family visiting so she did not hang around.  She brought me a letter and a christmas gift which I threw in the trash.  I don't need more of the same.  stay strong.  
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi

social anxiety isn't nice at all, if you look up anxiety adrenalyn and flight or fight response it will explain it all much clearer that i could, which could be what you are experiancing.take care

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up