I quite!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I can't take this med anyone the anxiety is gonna kill me ! Week 4 on Prozac because Zoloft stopped working !!! I'm done no doctor will call me back or get me in because they are booked up !!! I can't take this it sad

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Michelle, they say it can take up to 12 weeks to fully work. Are you on it for anxiety. I myself are on week 7, I feel way better than i did 3 months ago, but anxiety is still creeping up in there....didnt they give you anything else to take to calm the anxiety?
  • Posted

Hey lovely. You really shouldn't just come of the medication I did it and was totally I'll! Dizzy passing out shaking sick was horrible ! I hope you understand that there are many types of anti ds and anxiety tablets.. I have been on citalopram for 2 years I was settled and was enjoying life. I was knocked down to 10 mg and it was a bad choice the 10mgs made me I'll. I tried fluxotine for 4 weeks and it really didn't agree with me I had a bad tummy I was sick I was hilusinating sweating was awful! I have now been back and been in citalopram 20mgs again and feel more like me not a horrible person I was on that medication. It's finding one that's right for you and I have come to terms with taking this medication now if 1 tablet a day keeps me happy and right and helps me live a normal life then j will. I hope you get well soon but honestly you won't get better by being on nothing you will be ill .. Always here should you need a talk xxx

• Posted

My doctor told me to get back on Zoloft and stop the Prozac ! So I will do that tomorrow
    • Posted

I was under the understanding that you was just coming off medication which alarmed me as I know how bad I was when I do.. I really hope you feel better soon always here if you need a chat cbt Theropy is also good hard at first but soon passes and I think that really helped me too... Take care xx
    • Posted

I COULD NOT handle Prozac! I was a total an complete mess. I was 20mg for almost 6 wks an couldn't take it anymore. Every symptom I had it. I lost 10lbs in 5 wks. Upper back hurt so bad I cried. Liver area hurt to. Severe anxiety an severe depression worse than before starting. It was litteraly making me crazy. I'm not on anything rt now. Im fixing to have hormones checked again. I think I'm getting to much progesterone. Severe anger out bursts. Im a monster now or feel like one. I feel guilty from screaming at everyone. My husband even said I had better figure this out or learn to control it. Been going on since I stopped Prozac. Or Fluoxetin. It works for some but not me!

• Posted

Me either er gave me vistaril for my anxiety I fill a little better ! Never taking Prozac again
    • Posted

And I lost 10 pounds as well ! The only good thing that has happened with this med ! I would rather me fat and happy
  • Posted

I was on fluoxetine 10 mg for 19 days. I was on Buspar 15mg for 11 days prior to that. This was my first time on antidepressants for Anxiety. I have never taken any kind of these meds and it was complete hell. I lost 10lbs in 3 weeks. Severe side effects of increased anxiety, chest pains, nausea, diarrhea, not sleeping. I also went to er thinking something was horribly wrong with me. Ive had plenty of bloodwork and EKG and all came back normal. I am now 8 days off all medications and I feel much better! I do take ativan .5mg as needed for when I start to feel anxiety might be coming on. Ive said in many of these posts that antidepressants have helped many people but they do produce some horrible horrible side effects. I could not take it anymore after 30 days. And maybe neither of the meds were right for me, but right now I will not be trying any other antidepressants. I will continue ativan as needed and i'm also in therapy. Good Luck to you!! I know the hell you are going thru!

• Posted

I'm taking Hydroxyzine until my Zoloft kicks in now

• Posted

Day 2 no Prozac and no panic attack today smile out of it from starting Zoloft or maybe the Hydroxyzine the doctor gave me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.