I really cannot stop thinking I have leukaemia :-(

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone. Early this year I came down with a cold, sore throat, cough, muscus at the back of the throat. that went away but the muscus at the back of the throat has stayed ever since! On 2 seperate occasions in april I woke up dripping in sweat! but has not happened since? I never experience any kind of pain with my symtoms what so ever. And yesterday I had s nose bleed but I may of picked at it, gross i know. had abdomen issues in the past during this and been doctors several times, he decided to schedule a blood test and the results were all fine but I had low vitamin D? That was early june, i can't help but go on google half the time and I always end up on leukaemia forums. as of now I have muscus at the back of my throats and occasional pressure on my head. 22 year old male and i just can't stop worrying.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

So your blood tests were all fine, but you still think you've got leukaemia.

Er......why?

• Posted

Yes, of course it is! What did you think leukaemia was, as a matter of interest?
    • Posted

well yeah I have read things about if your white/red blood cells are off that's how they detect it, but I've also read that a bone marrow biopsy is more accurate, but maybe that would follow if the blood test were showing signs of it?

• Posted

If blood tests show evidence of leukaemia, bone marrow tests often follow on in order to detect the sub-type. as your bloods were normal, no other testing is needed.

• Posted

Glad to help, Kieran.

Calmes-toi mon vieux!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

My mother in law had leukemia she didnt even know until they told her. Bloods were very off. Panic attacks are not a pre requisite for it. Youre good.
  • Posted

Kieran

If you have had your blood tests the doctor depending on the tests would be able to tell if your condition was Leukaemia so you need to be able to settle and you should feel happy that your condition is clear.

Try a mouth wash and see if that helps, has your GP looked down your throat ??

Sorry that is all I can suggest, You know where we are if you need support

BOBĀ 

• Posted

just got back from my GP and he did look down my throat and couldn't see any mucus. he has prescribed me something called sterimar and nasobec aqueous so see how this goes.

• Posted

Since your on the  anxiety site, I am going to assume you have health anxiety. Has these issues happened before. Sounds like you have allergy's, and the air is dry. Because it's freaking you out,and your googling things,I think it's anxiety.I have low vitamin D,but unless it's really low,there are no symptom's. If you keep getting worked up over your health,maybe you need anxiety meds

• Posted

If you have anxiety/panic attacks you have to tell yourself that your going to think you have everything. Your brain doesn't think correctly when you are full of anxiety. The tests said your good so your good. Don't worry about something you don't have.

• Posted

Your tests were normal and doctors didn't find any thing. Why are you hurting yourself by assuming that you have Lukemia. Vitamin D deficiency can be corrected by staying more in sun. It is a natural way of getting Vitamin D. Also, you can eat fruit and vegetable that contains vitamin D.

Don't take vitamin supplement with discussing with your doctors. I am not a doctor but there could be several reasons for deficiency. You need to find the cause and treat it.

Good luck and wish you a full and speedy recover. I pray for a healthy life for you

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as users can easily find the information using a search engine rather than linking to a specific website. If users want the specific link use the Private Message service to exchange.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.