I really don't know anymore

Posted , 4 users are following.

i broke my arm in work 7 weeks ago and now awaiting hand surgery. I'm not sure how mentally and emotionally I'm coping with this I can't yo yo college I can't work and I'm either angry about the situation or I'm occupying myself with cleaning. Ever since its happened I've cried day in day out and it's coming to the point where I'm not really seeing point in life anymore I don't know what to do if I'm not in agony from the pain then I'm sobbing my heart out because I can't see a way forward. Can someone anyone please give me some advice 

1 like, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Catherine,

How old are you? How did you break your arm?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Just had a friend go through this. He had surgery got a couple of pins and in four weeks they remive the cast and pins. They leave the pins sticking out a little under the cast so pin removal much easier then  when they put them in to set the bone. Motrin takes away most if the discomfort. You can do stuff even with arm in a cast and it all heals up within a month from when the suegery occurs and heal properly so long term you feel perfect. Dont let it get you down it is temporary
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Catherine,

If you were to say that you were happy sitting around and not doiung stuff that would be abnormal its very common following surgery or an injury to feel depressed very normal indeed this will improve but you need to keep focused on that recovery try not to fix things too quickly be patient as hard as that is smile Soon it will be just a memory !

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thank you for all the responses I spoke to someone in college today about the way I've been feeling and one of things they said and asked me really hit the nail on the head and things started to crumble. I should have mentioned I also have OCD and now I'm worried that the person I spoke to doesn't get where I'm coming from 😭😭😭
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey it doesn't matter if they get you or not, there are many people that do understand where you're coming from! I know it must be awful feeling like you have no control, but it WILL get better. Allow your arm to heal a little longer and smile even if your going crazy inside!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

All I ever do is smile to hide all the pain, I'm really scared now and I don't know what to do I just want to go for a walk and keep walking until I disappear. I hide it that well that the person I spoke to thought I was taking the p*ss at first. I really don't know what to do 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Why can't you see a way forward?You will get surgery and everything will be fine after.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up