I really don't know if it's me or the tablets anymore... Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had a day and a half feeling not bad at all last week, this week i seem to have gone really bad again, really shaking, , lack of appetite, but running to the toilet a lot, full of anxiety and very depressed, this is over 8 weeks now on Fluoxetine, not sleeping properly..... Normally of a night I start feeling calmer, but not tonight, still have a very dread feeling, as though something is going to happen.... Haven't been taking the diazepam, but was only taking a quarter of a 2ml in the end to help with any side affects..... ended up taking half a Diazepam at 12 pm today, this afternoon ended up feeling like hell, and very panicy, so I don't think the Diazepam helped me .... Can anyone tell me if they felt like this on the tablets at this stage... I think i felt better at 5 weeks than I do at the minute.... I would be grateful for any replys... Hilary  sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you been taking the same dosage for 8 weeks, Hilary im not sure what to beleive anymore, like they say everyone is different and react different to the meds and it takes different times for everyone. I myself are on flu 20mg for 4 weeks and now day 24 on upped dosage of 40mg. I have up days and down days, but still cant manage to go anywhere but work. i have tried and boom anxiety and panic kick in full blast. i't's so annoying....so far im still waiting to feel any type of normal....im always here if you want to chat, but have you also tried consulting with your gp?
    • Posted

Hi Jesika, thanks for you reply.... I am still on 20ml a few weeks ago the shaking, sickness, nausea, anxiety and depression seemed to ease a little, but everything seems to have come back worse than ever  which i couldn't understand,still no appetite.... Like yourself i just want to get back to normal.... This is horrible..... I won't go anywhere without my little dog for company, so i don't enjoy my pleasures, like going the gym, as i can't get there on my own, and even when i am there i want to be home.... this is a Nightmare, just enjoy going to sleep.... going to see my gp next Wednesday...... so greatfull to you for getting back, as i know your suffering yourself..... Hilary  x
  • Posted

I'm almost to 8 weeks and I'm feeling terrible as well. I am like you in that it seems to subside in the evening but a few days this last week it hasn't been. I was on 10 mg for 4 weeks and now on 20 for the last 3 weeks. I would say it's a different type of feeling than before I started them... it's really hard to explain how I feel, morning is always awful. I too see my GP this coming Wednesday and hope we figure something out. Also the Xanax I take doesn't seem to be helping these feelings like when it was just panic.
    • Posted

Hi Netminder..... do you think the Fluoxetine are more generic these days, as I had these years ago, and felt alright, I know i am worse this time, a lot has gone on in the last 3 years, that at the time i didn't realize, i hadn't grieved, just got on with it, or i thought i was getting through it... till it hit me last August, wasn't as bad then, but couldn't get the help til 4 weeks ago, it like after the horses boalted, but it's only for 6 weeks, councilling, I feel a bit worse at the moment, but got some Fluoxetine off my sister, instead of useing the ones i got off the doctor, the trouble is I think there all different, have used the ones i got from my own chemist,last 2 days and feel worse, i just don't know anymore... If they are generic, I would pay for the proper tablets, just to feel normal again..... Please keep in touch, and maybe we can give each other advice..... Ahhh thanks for your reply, it meens so much to me...... Hilary  smile

• Posted

I'm not sure about being more generic than they used to, this is my first time on them. I would think that they would all have to meet some certain type of criteria to be legal. I've read many stories on here about people's experiences and they all seem to get worse before they get better. The question is how long are we supposed to be worse? There are times when I can barely function especially in the morning. I have had some okay days but its usually followed by 3 bad ones. Still haven't woken in the morning feeling good. I used to jump up out of bed ready to get on with the day, now dread it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.