i really don't know what to do anymore

Posted , 3 users are following.

so i'm 18 years old and two days ago i was diagnosed with genital herpes. it was probably the worst news i have ever gotten considering i'm only 18. i was diagnosed on a sunday and that thursday/friday/saturday i started to feel some pains down there and redness and some bumps. i didn't think anything of it so i didn't mention anything to my mom or a doctor; which was a mistake. my boyfriend & i are sexually active and we took a break for while for a few weeks. during that time, i did have sex with a boy who goes to my school (it was unprotected sex) so i'm not really sure who i could have gotten this from. i have no idea what to do. my mom and the doctors don't know about me having sex with the other boy, just my boyfriend. i started taking valtrex twice a day for the next 10 days and the pain has only gotten worse.. is that normal? how long does the pain normally last in the first outbreak? it hurts so bad to pee i cry and scream whenever i have to go. i was told to drink a lot of water to dilute my pee so it wouldn't be as painful but that just means i'll be peeing more and that scares the hell out of me. are there any creams i should be using? i was never told of any from my doctor. i also can't seem to poop.. is that normal too? i should be starting me period soon and i can't even imagine the pain of that, i'm just hoping these blisters go away before i start. if there is any other ways to control pain, please share. i need some serious help, i feel so alone.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I was 19 when i was diagnosed. I'm 45 now. Try running bath water and pee while sitting in the warm bath. I know that sounds gross...but bleach bathroom cleaner will clean your tub like new.

You probably can't pop because your body is tense from trying to pee...as we usually pee right before we poop.

There are creams. Ask your doctor for a cream prescription. Back in my day i never got pills only creams...they didn't help much though....

• Posted

Drink more water, not less, pour water below whilst peeing, soak your privates in Epsom salts once or twice daily, use topical zinc oxide or even lidocaine, take paracetamol or ibuprofen. If you start the oral meds for herpes late, they typically have little effect, but keep taking them anyway just in case. Once you get your period, pads or tampons are both okay, whichever feels more comfortable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.