I really don't like going out

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am really suffering with leaving the house. During term times i know i have to do school run, but during the hours leading up i get wound and anxious everytime someone suggests we should go out, or at weekends when oh says we should go out somewhere with the kids, i know i should but i start getting worked up, and if i dont go and he does he gets annoyed at me because he had to go on his own. if i do go out then its maybe an hour tops before i start thinking 'when are we going home'

Right now OH wants to go out with the kids somewhere and i know i really have to go, as we are already not doing good atm, but im starting to panic and feel like crying. 

I hate feeling like this! its summertime and lovely and warm but i still feel like this

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm like that at the moment. It's horrible. Depression is so hard. I don't even want to do things around the house I feel so bad. Are you on any medication?
  • Posted

Hi Helen. Know it's not really helpful, but I feel exactly the same. Felt better before upping my sertraline. Have you tried any anti depressant? I fought it for years, but when I started taking, felt much better. Only problem was I couldn't sleep, so upped the dosage. I am sure I will get it sorted soon....hope you get the help you need too xxx
  • Posted

Hi and thanks for replies. I have depression and BPD, i am on citalopram 40mg and quetiapine 150mg. they help but recently this problem has really taken a grip x
    • Posted

hi helen go back to your doctors and tell them how your feeling now
    • Posted

Are your children young? It must be hard for you but your not on your own feeling this way.
  • Posted

Hello hun, did you manage to get out in the end? It sounds like you need another trip to your GP.  I m not sure what meds you are on but it sounds like they need adjusting. You say you have Depression and BPD (I have both of these).. is it possible you have an anxiety disorder too/? (I have this too). I can understand how hard things are for you.. but if you are anyting like me, providing the places you go are quiet and peaceful once you actually get out of the door things get easier.

You will make it past this stage. BPD and depression tend to come in waves together. You go up, you go down, you go up, you go down. The one good thing about that is that you always know you will go up again. And more good news, BPD tends to fade bit by bit as you get older, so you wont always feel this way.

Are you undergoing psychotherapy? It can be very useful for personality disorders, in particular BPD so it may be worth talking to your mental health worker about getting on the waiting list. And in the mean time, CBT can be very helpful with anxiety so mention that too.

Good luck!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.