I really need advice about my zopiclone I have to take 5 7.5mg every evening.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys I'm just wanting some advice really I have to take 5 7.5 mg of zopiclone per evening. Today I took 5 7.5 mg in the afternoon I'm worried now as I would like to do 5 more at around midnight but I still haven't slept since I took the 5 in the afternoon. Please could I get some advice thanks

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

My advice!  See a psychiatrice and he will prescribe the right medication for you.  If you don t sleep with 7.5mg you probably need an anti-psychotic to calm you,  with your anti-depressant you will sleep  for sure!
  • Posted

Oh my dear this is a horrendous thing and no judgement cause that is how I was 1 or 3 weeks ago. I can't believe a doctor would prescribe you FIVE a day! That doctor should be banned from practicing. I started on one and soon discovered these things were great during the day too. I was calm relaxed and happy. It escalated quickly and soon I was taking up to 10 a day during the day. I signed up with 4 different doctors and told them I was on 2 a day giving me 60 a week. Then my short term memory started to play up and I would forget things after minutes. I WAS in fact a walking zombie. I looked horrid with puffy eyes, more like big bags under my eyes and was making silly mistakes and work all the time. But I loved them and the feeling it gave me. I was in bed before my kids. Just my life and HEALTH where at great risk and I knew it. I had to get off of them. I weaned myself of them taking away 1 every day. When I was down to 1 I just threw the rest away. Yes I felt scrappy for about 2 days but I slept well. Day and night. It's only been about 3 weeks now but I feel like a new person. I completely agree with the statement about. Go and see a psychiatrist asap and get on the right meds, be completely honest with him/ her. There are other sleeping aids that hep. For me Stillnox (sp) can knock me out at night so I could never use in the day. Thing is you don't know at all what will help you but a good psychiatrist can walk you through this. The less pills the better. I just take an anti depressant that also helps with anxiety and a mood stabilizer. No more sleeping tablets. Your body knows when it needs to sleep. If you going through some stuff or are just plan emotional, anxious etc. Go see that doc and get off Zopiclone. This pill almost destroyed me. And look at me today 3 weeks later I am a fully functional human being again. ( ps my good psychiatrist never allowed me sleeping tablets, it.was me that when to any length to get them, a proper addict. Am here if you want to talk but please try start weaning yourself off before you land up like I was.

Sending love and blessings and grace and mercy.

Claire

• Posted

I am using diazepam to sleep as i havent been able to find an anti dep to work.  

My psych is new and doesnt seem to know what to try next.   Which anti dep worked for you, and do you take lamictal or depakote all?

• Posted

Hi Claire I wish my body did know when to sleep I've been up for days at a time and still not slept. It got so bad at one point I just didn't want to keep going. I've now got help for them feelings but still won't help with my sleep. Its a new year so finger's crossed when I move and have to change doctors they will be more helpful my doc isn't very good, very old school lovely but doesn't understand. Ty I do appreciate your advice thou x

• Posted

It is yelate and epitec. Wrote a whole lot below 😕

It's like trial and error but a good psychiatrist Will eventually find the right ones you. And you can start living again.

Glory all these meds just to feel human. It's sad. I often wonder why me?! But it is what it is. Try to relax, stay calm and have Faith that this will all be sorted out soon. Go for walks, breath I the fresh air. Get out of the house. Do something you never have before. Try take your mind off the problem.

I am really passionate about this as I have been in and out of clinics for depression and anxiety and prescription medication addiction so many times I cannot count. But it CAN get better and it will! I am living proof of this.

Be strong you will. Get there. I know you will.

• Posted

I am taking Yelate and Epitec. Google the name Yelate as it is called something else overseas. But yes, those are working for me. Yelate is antidepressant and anti anxiety. Epitec is a mood stabilizer. But ask your doc smile
  • Posted

Hi guys ty all so much for your advice. I'll start from the beginning. I've been an insomniac ever since I can remember I also suffer with really bad panic attacks and when I don't sleep I have really bad panic attacks. I also have back and hip problems so I'm in a lot of pain all the time. I'm on a lot of medication and also antidepressants (omg I'm a walking disaster lol) anyway I've just found out that I was misdiagnosed so I'm now coming off my pain medication. I'm getting the help I need with that but I've not been able to talk to anyone about just how bad my sleep problems are, I think I'm scared to as I've asked time and time again without any luck. I get my sleeping tabs offline I have been getting the same ones for a long while now but I just wanted to find out if ten would be harmful I know I have a high tolerance to a lot of different meds. So ty guys my mind has been put at ease until I can change my doctors and hopefully have a better understanding of my history and the help I need xx

• Posted

One other thing. Exercise is really important and make sure with all your meds you are taking a good multi vitamin. Sometimes a blood test can find out where your body is lacking too.

I cannot emphasise exercise enough. I KNOW it is hard when all you want to do is isolate and lay around. You have to force yourself. Set a goal, go a little further each time you exercise. It promotes sleep and after a few weeks you will start feeling great, achieving small goals at a time. Again I KNOW KNOW KNOW how hard it is to do when you feeling emotionally, mentally and physically drained but it WORKS. Try. Try hard, force your self even if you start by just walking around the block and breathing in the fresh air.

Let me know how it goes.

God bless and sending love xxx

• Posted

I do as much as I can but when you are disabled it's very hard to do trust me I do push myself as much as I can. But again ty for your advice

• Posted

I am sorry. I can only imagine how must more frustrating that can make you feel. sad

Do you at least have a nice social circle?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.