I really need someone's help I am hopeless....

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had anxeity for about 3 years now, I am 19 years old im very scared right now and I feel like some things I once thought was just anxeity are now so real and I am having something very real going on. I use to go all the time to the er thinking I was having a heart attack that has always been my biggest problem thinking I was having a heart attack that was when I was in highschool and moving away from my home and living with different friends and that seems to be when I had some of my worst panic attacks and whatnot but after I graduated they kinda went away but here recently i started having bad anxeity like ill be driving or just sitting around and around my bicep i get this weird cramping feeling and ill have this needle like pain in my chest but it doesn't feel like its in my chest its weird it feels like its on top of my skin and I also have the normal chest pains too and I get real sick at my stomach like I'm gonna puke but I never do and I feel like I breathe in deep but I don't feel like I'm breathing when I know I am its not a shortness but more like I breathe in real deep but I can't feel it its very weird and when I get around people at their house I will have pains all over and sweat and feel cold and like I can't breathe and then it kinda goes away then I get home and all of it comes back on like way worse then before. I am very scared of having a heart attack for some reason that's all I can think about all the time is dieng by having a heart attack can someone please help? Does what I mentioned sound like anxeity or something worse? Is the cramping feeling I described sound like anxeity? Please someone help I just need help I can't take this anymore

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Don't think your self alone most of the people suffering with this horrible  saturation you need have patient and fight with it and see you really docs regularly ask for advise and some herbal remedies good luck

• Posted

Thank you for the reply I know I need help soon my friend it feels very good more people are out there that can understand what I go through and what we all go through its a horrible thing but I guess there is still hope for us all if we can just overcome it
  • Posted

Hey there. It is anxiety. When anxious muscles spasm and contract causing cramps and tightness even spasms. You are scared. The heart is fine its the fear. Perhaps medicine to help take the edge off.
  • Posted

First go get the audio book cbt for anxiety for dummies and listen to it about three times in its entirety. You need to understand what is happening. Thats the best place i think to start. You are young enough that if you understand all this you might be able to stoo this pattern of thinking forever.  Please for yourself its a difficult life to let it go on and on. 
  • Posted

I started doing.CBT and hypnosis on the night,it's worked brilliantly for me,I suffer with.agoraphobia due to my anxiety/depression and after a month of doing this I actually started going.out,today I went shopping in a very busy shopping centre,find the fight in.you Instead of.flight it.takes time.but you will get there
  • Posted

Jor I feel like I am reading my own life story years ago and when I was in college... So the good news...It gets better and I am living proof of this- 30+ years later.....

When you have anxiety- and especially with attacks- You NEVER forget how you had them-Mine like yours was in college and in a car driving back from school- For NO REASON- I felt dizzy a strong heat feeling in my spine nausea and pain in the area of my heart-----

I kept thiking no one will know how to help me how will they know if they dont stop their cars to save me-

Panic manfests in many ways which make no sense especialy when it comes to having them at moments when you shoud be happy and yet this MONSTER fear happens for NO REASON-

Firstly, don't try to figure how why etc- it just makes you think more analyze more- and too much is not good when it comes to advice...

I won't lie this sucks- there is nothing like it and unless you have been there or being in your body how would any one understand how scary and uncertain it makes you feel... You question if you'll make it another year- Or maybe something is really wrong and they are missing it---- I have thoght this way many times in past-

When you have stress stomach acid is at it's worst..and YES it feels like a HUGE heart issue I too went to the ER- I made myself so sick I got an ulcer- Remmeber what I said- I made it happen myself-

There is only one way t rid these- and that is to accept you have them- and allow the fear to take it's course... We try to control them-and it makes it worse- I love to travel and well the sirplane which I loved flying became my worst nightmare- WHY? I don't know-

Until I dug deep down- I wanted to be in control of me- and hence any reason I had where I wasn;t in control of me or felt this way- I had attacks.....Did I have a heart attack? No- I think the ER with heart monitors and the running around made me even more nervvous..

i took the pill route for a while I got so bad anyway- the pills I took where a VERY low starting dose of Zoloft- which was 12.5- That is the smallest dose when a person takes this med- That was all I needed for a few months-

I did speak with a therapist and learned most Type A people get these attacks much more so than a passive personality....

You have much on your mind so know this is in hiidng and when you get overwhelmed it's all out there-

Mind over body is so true... we can make ourselves sick or minimc the problems we fear the most- Bottom line- We want our control back.

If I could share what worked for me- I wrote down at night everything on my mind even if it was shaving my legs smile I grouped these crazy things I had to do into sections ( prioritizing) I even added buying chocolate as it made me laugh this was an important task for sure smile

I want you to know this doens't last forever- it doesn't kill you- it may mimic the end- it does end- BUT only YOU can stop them- and by allowing this fears to present themselves makes it easier to cope- trust me when I was told this I said your crazy why on earth would I want this to happen? Truth is- It was the only way- and it worked and milllions have done this and we all do say it works-

I read over your post nodding my head with every discriptive thing you said... I know how you feel and to prove this theory- read what you wrote about feeling weird around people at their house.... By focusing on breathing the fear of the heart attack it was worse because you reviewed this in your mind- and reminded your brain this happens- hense reliving it at home BUT 10x worse right?

Take this tool- your mind is trying to share this with you- and allow yourself to say OK I will have this horrific heart feeeling and faint and nausea and sweating- GO FOR IT- At first you may feel werid by saying this mentally or outloud- but the truth is your brain remmebers what you said- it will pick up on how it felt later once you have accepted this feeling and know your not going anywhere because millions of people have this everyday and while you have it everyday or close to it- You will conquer it when you are good an ready....

If it's that bad- Xanax- Klonopin Melts are the BEST- Klonopin melts dissolve VERY fast in your mouth and are not as addictive or rather theyre long lasting as compared to Xanax which only lasts for 3-4 hours... Klonopin melts last for 12- cannot tell you how just having them in my purse even today makes me feel safe knowing if I have this feeling if angst I have a cure in my purse.. I have had the same tablet for ver 1 year haven't used it...

Reassurance is what I call it- My minor Child Psych.. and while I dont practice this in any capcity I used to give speeches on angst and ways to rid yourself of the same fear....Sometimes that deep breath doesn't work we get soooo crazied.... I have been there too-

Another quick remedy learned from a nurse... bring alcohol wipes ( the ones you clean a cut etc).... open it as it does divert the brain from an attack too.... trust me.. or peppermint candy ( starlight mints red/white) it has natural pepper mint oil which soothese the nausea.... for me I was so afraid to puke and had panic attacks over something I did not even do much of... meaning puking smile

Good luck- You won't need it- You have much to read here and people who do care as they have been there....

• Posted

Wow thank you very much for the lengthy reply iv never felt like someone really cared so much to write out there thoughts and opinions to help me, I have been getting somewhat better with the social anxeity thing but just my normal anxeity wich is triggered by everything is what I must work on...I go through shorts bursts in my life where I can go for a while without having any panic attacks no anxeity I can go to a friends house and actually relax and have fun then bam out of nowhere they hit me and I have anxeity for months then back to relief.....I'm gonna use your advice and try the things you told me and see if I can't start to better my self and get ride of this horrible anxeity. Today and yesterday is the best I have felt in a long time, my wife gave birth to my son yesterday and I thought that I was goning to be drowning in couple and total anxeity I thought all day I would be worrying my self sick and the nurse would have to give me something to chill but something happened and I went through the exact opposite?.... All day I was there for my wife if she would hurt I helped her ( usually other people hurting and freaking triggers panic for me) I held her hand all day I supported her and never left her side barley once did I feel much anxeity until delivery because all the horror stories we have heard but I helped her push and the moment myy beautiful son was laid on her chest and I heard his cry and looking at what I and my beloved created I cried and it seemed like every ounce of worryy was taken from my body I could relive that moment 1000 times if I could...it was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced I just wish I could always be anxeity free like I was and who knows maybe I will get better because I have my son now, thank you agian for the help smile
    • Posted

Jor CONGRATS to you and your new baby! I am so happy my post helped.. I have always said I wish I had someone like me when I was going through my worst form of angst and what I learned is that being there for others is much the reward and reminds me- I am not alone despite what I went through... You will always have angst it's life that is something we all have to accept- but just know that you have this ball in your hands and can control whatever comes your way- I think when your too hard on yourself it makes matters worse- my advice- Be you.... NO ONE BUT you- and accept this will pass and become more manageable - when you have that moment- remmeber that it has gone away in past and will go away again smile I hope with the baby your getting rest! I was a basket case! LOL...
  • Posted

Hey guys it would help allot if someone could awnser a few questions I got, I have had the pain in my left upper arm mainly in my bicep for a while now, I barley ever have any chest pains with it or short breathes unless I have a bad anxeity attack. But the pain seems to be in the under of my arm and I do clinch it up allot like squeeze my muscles in my arm but it feels like I worked out to hard or bruised it and sometimes it feels like it might be in my veins? Idk but its usally never accompanied with chest pains and anything like that and I did just recently help my wife give birth like holding her legs up and helping her push but it hurt before that, is it normal like because I tense up my muscles so much or should I be worried? Thanks in advance to who ever cares to comment! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.