I sat in the car and cried!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

This is gonna be a long one and I apologise but gotta get it off my chest :x :x :!: :cry:

Been on orlistat for 4 weeks, just had my first weigh in at drs and STAYED the SAME :!: I feel fatigued, frustrated and just plain p****d off :!: This is my week of excercise:-

Mon - 6 mile run on treadmill

Tues - weights class for an our and half hour in gym on crosstrainer

Weds- Body toning class 1 hour and half hour in gym on stepper

Thurs- combat class (boxingXkarate) 1 hour then Tescos

Fri - circuit training 1 hour and 1 hour in gym to whatever

before anyone says its muscle, I've done classes for years :!:

I eat healthy, perhaps not enough as Kal pointed out (thank you Kal)

but I have put that right. I am studying the BHF book and trying a new approach counting how many of portions I eat in a day.

Anyway I ended up at McDonalds with my daughter eating a big mac and large fries.

I'm NOT one to be beaten but I have been dieting constantly even while I was putting on this extra weight :x I asked dr whats going on he doesn't know but gave me another script for orlistat. :roll:

Sorry for going on :roll: :oops: got it off my chest now sad I wont accept its an AGE thing :x Nothing more I can do but KEEP ON TRYING :!:

Thanks for reading

Li'l jan :cry:

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi chick,

No wonder ur p`d off! I would be too! Nothing worse when u know uve been sticking to the diet, exercising ur butt off (as u have been) and nowt!! Gives u the scunner!!! :evil:

Just keep the faith and keep plodding on. No consilation to u at the moment I know....but there`s nothing I can say that will make u feel better. I know the tabs work differently for different people. I bet all of a sudden they will kick into action and the weight will start dropping off... smile

• Posted

Hi Lil' Jan,

no one can say you ain't been trying thats for sure. ok so its a long one i know, sorry girls. :lol:

I had a similar problem, as my weight just appeared and before I knew it I had put on 3 st within 18mos, after numerous tests at the docs, thyroid, liver function, menopause( im only 30) you name I was tested, it turned out I had Poly cystic ovarian Disease, which makes you infertile but is a severe hormonal imbalance hence increased weight gain without a change to the lifestyle, fatigue, headaches etc.

I would suggest going back to your docs and asking for some tests to be conducted as its clearly not down to the diet or lifestyle that you lead. Thre must besomething stopping you from losing the weight if your excercising and eating normally.

Don't give in Jan, keep up the good work and keep the diary of food and excercise to show them what your doing. you never know it maybe something that you eat that doesn't agree with you( food intolerences) but you don't know it.

Best of luck me ole china!! :wink:

• Posted

Oh dear, i can see why you maybe upset, and yes you had a big mac but that was yesturday and new time now forget it. you could always make ya own big mac then ya know whats in it.

my typical day now starts when i get up i have

7am coffee, if i have cereal with milk i have it at home with a bit of fruit if not at around 10am i have either 2 slices of toast with a portion of flora somtimes marmalade a tsp or banana on top

lunch is at around 12.30 i have mixed salad, small potato or rice, and some protien chicken, beef king prwns etc followed by diced mixed fruit or yougurt.

tea time

Either salad or veg, potato, rice or pasta, and meat some kind of pud like a spoon of ice cream and mixed strawberries and rasberrys, or dream topping and tinned fruit in own juice,

9 oclock is my snack time if i feel i need it so could be toast, cereal, biscuit, jelly, crab sticks

loads isnt it

• Posted

Hey Lil'Jan,

Sweetheart I am so sorry you didn't lose :cry: [b:7507224e4a]BUT[/b:7507224e4a](and I feel I can say this to you as I think you're a 'the glass is half full' type of person!)

[b:7507224e4a]YOU DIDN'T PUT ANY ON[/b:7507224e4a] :!: :D

So that's got to be a [b:7507224e4a]WELL DONE U[/b:7507224e4a] :!: :magic:

I KNOW you won't give up :!: So keep up the Brilliant Work and keep us up to date :D [/u]

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

li'l jan I really do feel for you. I remember bursting into flloods coming out of weight watchers after being so good and losing nothing, my husband lost 7lb, I felt good for him but it didn't help me any.

I don't have any advice - sorry, wanted you to know I'm really rooting for you though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.