I seem to be on a real downer 😔

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had depression on and off for years last year my marriage ended but we had to live together for 6 months. For the last few months I have been house sharing. I used to go to the gym but for the last month all I have done is work come home watch TV and drink. I know I shouldn't but I just want to block the pain I have slowly been getting more and more down I am so fed up with the pain I feel every day I even think about suicide. I am so tired of this depression as I say I have had it for over 20 yrs and it gets better then comes back I'm hardly sleeping so that dosnt help. I just don't know how long I can keep going.

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sleep deprivation will make you worse.

You are going through a tough emotional time.

You marriage has ended, the one person who was closest to you.

Going to the gym will help you as it release's good hormones, good for circulation, the heart and you are among others.

Depression is hard.

Please don't kill yourself, every life is precious and has something to offer others.

Keep us posted. With love Linda x

• Posted

Thank you Linda I have got a appointment with the Dr Monday about my prescriptions I know I must get myself to the gym but this stupid depression takes all your motivation
  • Posted

Mark have you seen a doctor? Keep exercising and don't drink. Not sleeping will make things harder so tell your doctor. Go for long walks. My aunt fought depression her whole life. I hope you feel better soon. Also the kind of diet can help. Be strong and try to get some sleep.
  • Posted

You would cope better if you could get a good nights sleep but I he gives you any sleeping tablets do not take them every night. They are very addictive and this can happen within three,weeks, some times

less.

You honestly do not need an additional problem of being addicted to any drug.

My advice is if you can manage without anti-depressents then do it.any folk are on here because of addiction and withdrawal from these drugs.

Oops Many folk are... It should have read.

I hope my honest advice helps.

With Love Linda xx

• Posted

I'm on three lots of tablets have been through so many diferant types of anti depressants and anti anxirty tablets I've had counciling I just seem to slip backwards or something happens xx
  • Posted

Mark, I'm really sorry you're feeling this bad. You've been through a lot and I can understand it's been really hard on you. I think it would be good to see a doctor or at least talk to someone you trust. 

I would also suggest you start going back to gym if possible. Or any other kind of exercising, even if just going for a walk. Please don't give up. There's always hope. Keep hanging in there, you're stronger than you think and you will get through this. It's hard to do it alone, so please find someone who can help you. All the best xx

• Posted

Hi Mark  ~

First may I suggest you try to stop drinking.  Drinking can lead to sleepless nights as it may seemingly be a "relaxer" but in fact it's a stimulant.  You may fall asleep intitionally, but when you wake up it's harder to fall back asleep...right?  and Linda is right, w/o proper sleep the cycle continues, plus you feel awful about yourself.

Have you figured out why you stopped going to the gym?  That could be a wealth of energy releasing.  You will find that if you extend yourself mentally along with physically, you'll be tired in both areas.  You won't have to try to emotionally shut down with a drink or several.  Your tiredness will come natural.

I've been depressed also off and on for many years.  I found when I'm feeling all alone, it's the worse ever.  Do you have children?  Do you still see your ex on and off?  You may want to join up with some of the people you work with and go to a club or something like that to vent and have a bit of fun with them.  I used to do this with some of the people I worked with and developed some life friendships because of this.  However, again, keep the drinking to a minumum.  In fact, as a rule, you could get a drink then a drink of water.  Drink your drink then afterwards, don't order another one, just order a glass of water then after that, get anotehr one...but seperate them with water in between.  This allows you to steady your drinking plus it also hydrates you and you won't feel so "icky" when you get up in the morning.  Just a quick thing I learned.

Anyway,I wish you well and hope you get to feeling better soon!

Regards,

Frustrated

• Posted

There is always someone on here you can talk to

24/7 so don't feel you are alone x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.