i seriously believe theres something wrong!! so scared!!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

i know i keep posting on here but for the past couple of hours i have had a fluttery feeling in me chest area where my heart is its makin me feel sick and is giving me stomach pains!! its making my heart pound so fast and im getting pain at the top of my ribs and under my left arm pit my left arm is tingly and numb and my heart just feels like its going to explode i feel so sick and im  that scared im resisiting calling a ambulance! iv had this before but not as bad its come on so strong and i was only watching tv, im shaking so bad and jjust feel im going to have a heart attack any moment, i cant describe the feeling where my heart is its as tho its missing a beat but fluttery like jerking iv got a choking feeling in my throat again and im petrified its my body telling me to get to a&e now!! please someone reassure me they have had this before without me having to call 999 these sensations are so weird its painful but its more like its taking my breath away someone please help reassure me i feel physically sick, iv had numerous ecgs and blood tests they was all fine but that wouldnt determine if i was going to have a heart attack 5 days later as that was when i had my ecg last they say im too young to have a heart attack but im not im convinced its my heart causing these problems not my "anxiety" what they keep telling me these symptoms are so real and not in my mind can someone please tell me how to stop them i feel im going to collapse my hearts pounding that fast!!!!

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You are fine Laura, its just a panic attack huni and it will subside very soon... Take some deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth.... We are here for you xx
    • Posted

thank u so much for replying it just doesnt feel like a panic attack it feels so much different this time my heart is seriously fluttering and beating so fast i feel sick and i have shooting pains in my shoulder blades i think its my heart thats where the pains coming from and i have gone really hot my face feels tingly sad im so scared my parents are trying to calm me down its not working they say its a panic attack but it feels too different from last time sad im getting all the symptoms of a heart attack its in centre of my chest like someones winding me xx
    • Posted

when im taking deep breaths it feels like my full chest is shaking inside sad is this normal why am i feeling like  this i was calm i was watchin  tv this is why i think its not a panic attack xx
    • Posted

Huni you parents are right and you will see that soon when you start to feel more normal again.... The flushed face is normal and all the tingling and other sensations. It is frightening when it happens but you are not going to come to any harm... Try the breathing for a couple of minutes
    • Posted

It is a panic attack. Heart attacks are different, especially in women. You need to trust us on here ok?
    • Posted

They can come on at any time sweetie but they cant hurt you... If it is too painful to take deep breaths just try some slow ones, count in as you inhale through your nose for a count of four and exhale through your mouth to the count of eight.... If this is too uncomfortable just do three seconds in and six out the counting in your head also helps to concentrate your mind on something else
    • Posted

thank u both i just get so scared every time i have these as its new symptoms every time the pains calmed a tiny bit but the palpitations/fluttery feeling/thudding is still there sounds such a daft question but what is the actual difference between a heart attack and a panic attack? i cant get it out my head that im not going to wake up tomoro i despise feeling like this my head feels so heavy and i feel like im going to be sick sad thank u so much for ur advice i do trust u for ur advice but its so hard to be reassured by everyone unless im sat in hospital been checked over that is ridiculous im trying to not let it beat me but it is and im so scared that the time i feel its a panic attack dont do anything about it and it turns out to be a heart attack and i die sad my parents are so supportive but even i cant be reassured by them or anyone else other then professionals my heart is aching soo much and pounding i feel like im going to pass out im just trying to breathe slow and sip some water i hope it passes soon sad xx
    • Posted

You are doing all the right things, and you seem a little calmer already...i think you will realise soon as you calm down even more that it is indeed anxiety, but for now just trust your parents... They are the ones looking at you as you have this episode and i am sure they can tell the difference and wouldnt hesitate to take you to hospital if they thought it was anything other than a panic attack x
    • Posted

i cant thank u all enough thank u so much for ur reassuring words i am a bit calmer now dad got me some water and mum rubbed my back whilst i took deep breaths im feeling very shaky now and heart is still fluttery but im calmer so i know now but whilst just then i thought the absolute worse as thats the worst one iv had in a long while everytime i have them i constantly think the worst and nobody can reassure me except hospital going to try lay down now whilst feeling calmer once again thank u so much i m still getting pain, flutterings etc but just going to breathe slow and keep doing it until it subsides, xxxx
    • Posted

Well done! You're doing great huni...its not nice for you at such a young age but your parents sound very understanding... You need a good nights sleep now and a nice walk tomorrow in the fresh air if you are able
    • Posted

yeah they are thanks hun its just such a scary feeling at the moment in time i think its the end i just feel like im pestering doctors constantly over christmas period i was at a&e 5 times over numerous days as i was convinced i was having a heart attack each time as again the symptoms where so different each time! but i really do appreciate your support on here i have great  support at home as well from my partner and family but when they havent experienced it like us they can only reassure me and sometimes it feels like not enough when its actually happning sad i was at doctors today asking to be sent to a cardiologist but they wouldnt as all my bloods was fine and ecgs but i still feel its something serious as the pain is such a crushing shooting pain when it does come sad im going to try sleep now but dont know how well it will go im still a little shaky but got water and my earphones so going to listen to a anxiety audio youtube (there really calming) and see how that goes smile thank u again hun really appreciate it smile xx
    • Posted

You are welcome. I think you have done fabulous tonight... Congratulate yourself... You got through it without a trip to hospital... Sleep well x
    • Posted

thanks hun i still feel im going to have a heart attack any moment but i think its because its still in the back of my mind and iv still got pain etc but hopefully it will pass soon, you sleep well too :-) good night xx
  • Posted

Laura, breathe in and hold you breathe for about 7 seconds, while you do this, put your finger in your ear, just above the first bit of cartilage in the middle of your ear and look to the left, then breathe out and look to the right. Keep doing this until you feel calm. It will be hard at first, but try to do this. I have been where you are and had the fluttering sensations which are horrible and you do feel like you will collapse, but it's the lack of oxygen that will make you feel this way. Calm your mind, your breathing and you will get through this!! 

I called an ambulance once when this happened to me, exaclty as you described. Having someone there to talk to helped. If you have anyone that can come over to help you through it call them xxx Be safe and stay calm, you are fine xx

• Posted

That sounds like a good help too sammy... Her parents are with her so im sure it will be getting better soon
    • Posted

thanks hun the pains has eased slightly its the fluttering thats bothering me i dont even know if im describing it right it just feels like my hearts beating way too fast and its skipping a beat in the process myfull body feels heavy and i feel like im going to be sick sad its come on out of nowhere i have my parents sat with me but they just trying to calm me down and thats why i came on here to double check it is defo anxiety playing up i hav a chokin feelin in my throat too i also had a ambulance 3 nights ago who assured me it was a anxiety attack then i was short of breath and everything! i dont know how im going to cope anymore sad i feel every symptom under the sun at the min, palpitations/fluttering/burning hot/ tingly hands and feet and arms/ stomach pains/ back pain/ and my head feels really heavy i cant be sure its a panic attack as its so different sad im literally petrified xxx
    • Posted

oh bless you i know how you feel. I suffered with this for years and years and the last 18 months had about 5 or 6 really bad attacks and literally everything you describe! Skipping beats, thudding, pounding.... the face getting hot, the skin crawl sensations, the choking throat... I've started walking every day in the mornings and clearing out the junk from my mind in the process. I walk for an hour a day and it's helping lots and lots!! 

What you are going through now will pass... do you have some chamomile tea available? Do your parents know any good jokes?? an episode of Miranda would see me through one! You'll be fine biggrin) X

• Posted

yeah thats exactly the same i am a bit calmer but the fluttering and choking feeling is still there i have chamomile and honey tea just made one and put vicks vapour rub on my chest to ease my breathing like open my airways a bit dont know if putting it on is a good or bad thing because now i feel cold lol i just still feel its going to happen again as its really deep pain in my back going into front of my chest but hopefully that goes too i love miranda aswell just put family guy on so hopefully that will ease me to help me relax thank u for ur kind words hun xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.