i seriously believe theres something wrong!! so scared!!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

i know i keep posting on here but for the past couple of hours i have had a fluttery feeling in me chest area where my heart is its makin me feel sick and is giving me stomach pains!! its making my heart pound so fast and im getting pain at the top of my ribs and under my left arm pit my left arm is tingly and numb and my heart just feels like its going to explode i feel so sick and im  that scared im resisiting calling a ambulance! iv had this before but not as bad its come on so strong and i was only watching tv, im shaking so bad and jjust feel im going to have a heart attack any moment, i cant describe the feeling where my heart is its as tho its missing a beat but fluttery like jerking iv got a choking feeling in my throat again and im petrified its my body telling me to get to a&e now!! please someone reassure me they have had this before without me having to call 999 these sensations are so weird its painful but its more like its taking my breath away someone please help reassure me i feel physically sick, iv had numerous ecgs and blood tests they was all fine but that wouldnt determine if i was going to have a heart attack 5 days later as that was when i had my ecg last they say im too young to have a heart attack but im not im convinced its my heart causing these problems not my "anxiety" what they keep telling me these symptoms are so real and not in my mind can someone please tell me how to stop them i feel im going to collapse my hearts pounding that fast!!!!

1 like, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Laura,

Panic attacks can do terrible things; I have felt many things while having them such as a pounding heart, a head rush, vertigo/dizziness, shortness of breath, shaking hands, hearing seems to get altered, nausea etc. Focussing on the symptoms, whether it be chest pain or weird head sensations do make it worse. I know its easy for us to say breath and you will be fine, since your brain gets flooded of thoughts, all of them bad. I have convinced myself I was dying many times, and thinking that alone is enough to fill you with dread. These attacks can be debilitating so I would recommend you go to a doctor. You have narrowed down physical problems so if if it is anxiety (which it sounds like it is, with a mixture of health ocd) there may be a medication out there that will reduce these attacks. I was unable to work or drive when mine were at their worst and medication is the only thing that has gotten me back on track. I am not 100% cured but feeling constant panic was leading me into a depression.

• Posted

I laura i can understand your pain and what you are going through you know our problems are almost same the main one is chest pain try and walk aur talk someone just force your self to distract

And my suggestion to you is please try and start antidepressants they would definitely help you because i know you are having quite rough time

In the beginning yeah you will get the side effects but later on you will actually feel alot better than what you are going through

• Posted

hi sara and sameer yeah thats exact same as me, but i have had ECG's and blood tests they all came back fine but im still convinced its something with my heart doesnt help when i was watching 24 hours in a&e and someone got took in with same symptoms as me and she was having a heart attack sad i think i do it to myself aswell because i overthink things but the pain is slowly coming back now sad i hav had 2 diazepam tonight to try calm me ( 2mg) but i think they made me feel worse dont know why because they usually relax me think i was fighting it too x
    • Posted

no i have just been put on propanolol 10mg but im scared of taking them i really am incase the side effects are bad sad
  • Posted

They can be different every time... No two attacks are the same. It might be time to see the doctor soon huni and get some extra support, but dont be scared as we all know what you are feeling and we know it will pass and you will feel better soon
  • Posted

Hi hun,

Looks like both of us are having a pretty bad day. Go back too your doctor and tell him you want too see a cardiologist to put your mind at rest. Keep going back until you get the help you deserve. Sometimes they need to be told.

And to you too, stay strong! X

• Posted

i know i just cant help but feel im going to have a heart attack any moment i felt ok earlier too and its just come on sad im definetly going back i think they will ban me soon the amount of times i have been!! but i just need peice of mind its not the way to go but i just feel they are missing something because the pain  i feel certainly doesnt feel like anxiety it literally takes my breath away my friend is going throughh the same thing as me i suggest that says its anxiety as she is suffering with the same symptoms but i just cant get it in my head that i will wake up tomoro, i will be ok, it is just anxiety etc im constantly saying what if??!! and i just cant stop im so scared because this pain is located in centre of my chest and my heart is pounding sad it isnt a heart attack because it would of happneded by now but i keep saying well what if im different and it effects me differently sad i sound crazy dont i lol xx hope u feeling a bit better chick x
    • Posted

I'm like that all the time "what if they've missed something" I didn't think of my heart until my doctor said about the cardiologist and that was in September lol! I thought after all my tests I'd be fine but the cardiologist thing has really freaked me out lol! Its hard for anything too sink in, I know what your going through, its a bloody terrible thing. And no you don't sound crazy lol! smile A little bit better now that I'm home thanks him xxx
    • Posted

aww bless u hun yeah im the same but because i havent been referred (yet) < i say yet because i will get him to refer me for my peace of mind aswell dont know how much good it will do but it will help im sure lol i keep thinking well there not doing there job properly sad i just feel right now because my hearts propa pounding again its a matter of time before i have a heart attack but i know its anxiety trying to play me again just going to deep breathe and hopefully it wil pass sad and good glad ur feeling bit better chick im here to talk if u need me smile xxx i="" say="" yet="" because="" i="" will="" get="" him="" to="" refer="" me="" for="" my="" peace="" of="" mind="" aswell="" dont="" know="" how="" much="" good="" it="" will="" do="" but="" it="" will="" help="" im="" sure="" lol="" i="" keep="" thinking="" well="" there="" not="" doing="" there="" job="" properly="" sad="" i="" just="" feel="" right="" now="" because="" my="" hearts="" propa="" pounding="" again="" its="" a="" matter="" of="" time="" before="" i="" have="" a="" heart="" attack="" but="" i="" know="" its="" anxiety="" trying="" to="" play="" me="" again="" just="" going="" to="" deep="" breathe="" and="" hopefully="" it="" wil="" pass="" sad="" and="" good="" glad="" ur="" feeling="" bit="" better="" chick="" im="" here="" to="" talk="" if="" u="" need="" me="" smile=""> i just feel right now because my hearts propa pounding again its a matter of time before i have a heart attack but i know its anxiety trying to play me again just going to deep breathe and hopefully it wil pass sad and good glad ur feeling bit better chick im here to talk if u need me smile xxx>
  • Posted

Breath!!! In through your noise out your mouth!!! And talk yourself out of it! "It's just anxiety and I'm ok and it's going to pass!"

Count things around you to get your mind off of what your feeling.

Do you have anything to take ? Like ativan?

If so take it!!

Also if you have calcium magnesium take one of those. It really helps to calm you.

Hang in there! You are ok!! Promise!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.