I sleep one night but no the next

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone. I seem to manage to sleep one night say 10pm til 6am, still wake up in the night but get back to sleep but the next night I toss and turn, awake every 2 hours. So, after this bad night, I walk around like a zombie all day, but feel quite relaxed in the evening knowing that I'm going to sleep ok. But it's this awful cycle. Its as if on that. 'Good night' I've had too much sleep, but going to bed at 10pm & getting up at 6, shouldn't be too much sleep. I've suffered with insomnia for most my adult life, it's been a lot worse thán this, but I wish I could get a happy balance. I'm trying to exercise a bit but if I'm honest, I just feel too awake at night. (Following the good night)... But I can't stand staying up later than 10, the insomnia has made me hate evening!s. Anyone help with this one? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nic, yes indeed I know what you are talking about...I get it too. I think we anticipate a bad night coming so that dread becomes a reality. I know I tense up thinking...Oh gosh not another night like that, can't stand it.  I've had insomnia for years...and until now, I thought there was nothing anyone could do to help me. But a friend put me onto this excersize...it might help you too....give it a try.. Close your eyes, make sure there is no noise or lights on...I use ear plugs to block out the noise...Think "blue colour"...everything is blue...try to look at the inside of you eyelids...take a breath in hold it for a count of 5 and breathe out slowly...keep the blue in your eyes....do the same thing several times. The excersize is to slow your heart rate right down....After a few practise runs you can get good at it. I hope it gives you some relief..let me know if it works for you....Hugs...Gloria

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Gloria. I will be giving this a try for sure, although tonight I know I will be ok coz of bad night last night. Tomorrow night will be the test. I just received a book called The Sleep Book by Guy Meadows... Someone on the forum called Douglas recommended it (thanks Douglas). I'll come back with some info hopefully x 

• Posted

OK Nic..we will wait for the results of the test....one thing I forgot to tell you...when I wake at 1.30 p.m. I go to the kitchen, make a cuppa and a sandwich...apparently carbs help you sleep...try it too...G
  • Posted

Hello , if I am not on AMITYRPTALINE i too suffer insomnia, but, I became addicted to this drug after 30+ yrs of taking it. The symtoms of taking this drug was horrific, the withdrawal of this drug was also horrific. I am now on PROZAC but, still suffer waking up in the middle of the night. I checked google & apparantly it is quite normal to awake during the night for anyone, so this in itself is not unusual.

Prozac however does make me go to sleep as soon  as my head touches the pillow. Plus I do  have a good nights sleep as well although I still awake about 7am to 7.30am & at least once during the night as well.

Jackie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.