I struggle to think positive and be happy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

So for a while I have been struggling to think postiive and be happy. Beasue everytime I get happy something bad always happens. This makes me really upset cause I just want to be able to live my life stress-free and be happy.

I always give other people good advice, telling them to stay happy and positive. But when it comes to myself i just breakdown and have no idea what to do.

I just want someone to give me good advice and help me. rolleyes

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I can do that but when it comes to me etc etc

through counselling I can see where my anxiety and insecurity started

So now I must learn I can be positive about myself I have a long way to go

ask your gp for a referral to a psychiatrist there you can get a referral to see a psychologist where you'll be a le to analyse and then make your way forward

you can do it

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

I think if my anxiety gets worse then that's the route I will have to take. I wouldn't mind counselling as it's something I would like to pursue in the future. But thank you for your advicesmile

• Posted

Hello,

Don't worry about it because you aren't alone. Just think about the positive things. Don't get down because something has gone wrong because negative thoughts lead to negative situations.

Everything happens for a reason, don't take it too personally. When you're down there is only one way to go and that is up smile

Just take it slowly, a few steps at a time. Plan things you want to do, like a new job or course, or activity and then when you enjoy it you will realise are starting to look up.

If you are wanting some more advice, I run a blog for people with anxiety and depression. Message me for the link if you'd like!

• Posted

Hello jenna,

Thank you so much for that advice. It's starting to give me some positive ideas to life and how I should think be more happy.smile

• Posted

Good! smile

Just try be positive as hard as it is and do things on impulse. I tend not to plan things as i get too anxious so i tend to just go for it the same day so I have no time to worry and i'm slowly being able to plan things now!

See if it works for you too.

• Posted

Hi smile I know exactly where your coming from.

The thing that works for me is planning ahead, like going too music festivals, going somewhere new or whatever interests you (the little things) to keep you positive and too focus on. smile x

• Posted

No matter how much it frightens you, don't let it rule your life. smile
    • Posted

Hi Arya smile,

I always plan ahead but thats what streses me out the most like if im going to the movie with my friends on a certain day, it stresses me out cause Ikeep thinking "what if this happens or that happens" I just never find a way to be stress free...I hate feeling like this and I dont want it to rule my life. I want to live my life being happy with something to look forward toosmile thank you for your advicesmile x

• Posted

Its not easy, I know. I have really bad Anxiety, Panic, etc at the moment.

Just take it day by day... Go with the flow. smile

• Posted

Procrastination is the King of anxiety. Im guilty but if I put things off they are just sitting there adding up. As hard as it is push forward. Its better than lying around.

I just worked 6 hours today and I havent worked in months. I feel better physically and was able to work through the anxiety. If I can build on this I think I will recover

Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.