I suffer from social anxiety for a long time I work but I hide it I hate letting anyone know my week

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm now 35 and still suffering from this anxiety.. I find it hard to connect with family I make excuses not to see them as I feel a panic.but I work on checkout ,guess its easy when not put on spot.but this is defo from my childhood I guess I need to talk about it then feel so alone.

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi don't keep it in speak to someone about it if not a friend go to your doc and speak to him good luck
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Can you perhaps speak to a therapist and get to the root of the problem

You are not alone this forum is excellent for support.

Stay Stronglol

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Netty your not alone, i've suffered with anxiety for quite a while.  Its really important you talk to someone that is going to listen. Chin up, be strong. You will get over this. I know it seems scary at times but you can get over this. keep smiling.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It is hard I spent virtually five years living in my bedroom or with parents and I found it hard because I am alot older and had to for finantial reasons.  I spent my time studying and eventually I burned out and went to hospital for a year.  I understand social anxiety and the only way out is to get out and overcome your fears.  Try walking somewhere and gradually increase the time you spend outside.

Rich

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Netty

​I'm Craig and your definately not alone. Are you on any meds, Anti depressants ectect, or any therapy such as CBT or NLP? both are talking therapies and I found them really usefull for building up a support network. You say it's defo from childhood, may I ask what it was that happened? Feel free to pm me if you'd rather the world not know.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who can help?
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up