I suspect gallstones

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys.

For the past 9 months I have had a constant full pain in my right side behind and under rib its worse when I breath in. I also get random Sharp pains in my right side along with bloating heartburn and excessive wind these are everyday symptoms. I have a consultation on Monday with a gastro and can't wait to get to the bottom of it . I've looked at a few other conditions such as gerd and barrats osphagus but the right sided pain doesn't match. What do you think?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

sounds like gallstones .. When ur gallbladder becomes sore an inflamed you suffer right sided pain constantly .. Try cutting out all fat, spice,red meat,caffeine,  as these cause the gallbladder to contract when eaten as they require extra bile or just cause the contraction I.e. The caffeine .and eat easy to digest food so no salad or raw veg . If your pain starts to settle down then it's sounding like your gallbladder ..

now if a stone gets squeezed into a bile duct you feel sick and the pain is unbearable like broken ribs and intestines that are red raw you vomit and vomit and vomit for 5 or 6 hours then as quick as it struck the pain disappears .. A colic attack ..lets hope you don't start to get those ..

the diet avoids the colic attack as if your gallbladder doesn't contract squeeze it won't squeeze a stone ..

if it is gallstones easily spotted on a ultra sound and gallbladder easily removed by keyhole surgery .. If caught early .. You will be feeling well very quickly ...If infected if pancreatus sets in .. The recovery is a little longer .. Hope u get sorted soon 

• Posted

Thanks Sally! Wish I'd discovered thi forum earlier might of prompted me to push the gp sooner
  • Posted

Not had an ultrasound yet but I'm going to ask for one so fingers crossed it shows the cause of my symptoms. Can you also get chest pain from it? I've had an ecg recently and chest xray so nothing lung or heart related.
  • Posted

Hi yeah it defiantly sounds like gallstones, although I never had heart burn or anything like that I just got constant colic from it stone getting stuck!

I was told by a doctor to stop your gallbladder contracting and upsetting your gallstone try and eat less then 10g of fat in a meal at one sitting anything more than that it causes your gallbladder to contract to release the extra bile to digest the fat and food! This worked with me up

Until I had my surgery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.