I think I am depressed but don't want to bother the doctors if I am not

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since, April I have not been feeling myself I have been feeling very isolated and like everything I do is an act. I went traveling with my friend and I felt guilty that I had to pretend I liked doing things that I usually would have loved but I was taking no enjoyment out of them. It was the same for social situations but I just felt like I couldn't act anymore and just spent the night being quite but other times it almost felt natural and I was back to my usual loud egomaniac self. I do not know if I am just worried about my future because I am studying a university course that I do not enjoy and I am letting that get me down. I cannot be optimistic about my future right now because I will probably get a rubbish degree so that won’t set me up for a good career and I am not sure I fit in well with other people so I cannot see myself being happy with my social life. I am not sure if I am just being self-centred or if something is actually wrong because I have days when I feel okay.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Miriam, can't you change your courses/career? I know that when I have something on my mind that ia bothering me, I can't enjoy anything else.
    • Posted

I could but I am already nearly £30,000 in dept with my student loan so I am not sure if I can justify dropping out 
  • Posted

Sounds like a lot of stress is making you feel depressed are you sleeping what other symptoms do you have maybe do a depression quiz online to get an idea if the situation doesnt improve I think you should see your doctor Keep us posted.
  • Posted

Hello Miriam,

Sounds to me like your on a bit of a downer.

If I was you I would go to the doctor asap for at least a chat.

The sooner the better,that way if you are depressed at least you will be on the road to recovery and be able to concentrate more on your studies.although if you start a course of ad you will have to deal with the side effects,which ain't very nice but worth it for me anyway but maybe you don't need,maybe a good talk with someone that understands will help.Why not call some charity up and tell them how you ate feeling,like the Samaritans for example.that's what they are there for and at least you wiil be able to get it of your chest and you don't have to face anybody,Anyway try be positive an take care,bye

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.