I think I feel a bit better

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I know that my menapause symptems have been normal, extreme fatigue, crying all the time ,being nasty to my husband who trys to understand but then he gets irritated trying to put up with me, I know I have been extremely difficult to live with, but I can't help it as much as I try. I went to the doctors 7 days ago and she prescribed combined hrt, I think I feel much better already after just one week, I feel calmer , is this normal after one week, or is it me just wish full thinking.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm so glad your starting to feel better I believe some women are prescribed the correct hrt and others is trial and error so your very lucky, I hope you continue to flourish on it. 

• Posted

Hey I felt better almost immediately 😊so pleased you are starting to feel better

• Posted

All I know is that my local oestrogen cream turned my vagina back to is normal elastic, moist self wi5in a couple of weeks. I guess the defect can be quite rapid. Maybe it depends on the person. Or maybe you are experiencing a placebo effect (you know you are taking the HRT so you expect to feel better, so you do). But who cares! As long as you are feeling better, that’s all that matters.
    • Posted

Thank you suki girl, yes quite possibly placebo, I just don't know but like you say as long as you feel better that's the main thing ?

• Posted

That's great that you are feeling better.  It is important that you find what works for you and in time you will be able to assess if this is the correct treatment for you.  I hope that it has a good impact on your relationship too.  Take care.  Lyn

• Posted

Hi

That's great news.  I suggest that you use a journal and write how you're feeling each day.  I hope that you continue to feel well.  Best wishes Lyn

• Posted

Hi. yes it could be normal for you ! It maybe you just needed the extra oestrogen/progesterone topped up? One lucky lady. Mine took a while longer, I have now been on HRT for just over 7 years, its amazing how you feel on it .
  • Posted

Nice to hear that! That gives extra courage for me ! 😘

• Posted

Hi Vicky I'm pleased I've given you some hope, I know its early days for me in terms of hrt but its really working.....thank goodness, its now 16 days that I've been on it, I'm lucky i know as it can take up to 6 months, I am no longer having sweats and have stopped crying every day. I can still feel nasty to my husband but then again as much as I love him he has always got on my nerves and visa versa, that's life isn't it. The menapause can be a very lonely , confusing and sad time... and you don't know why. All the best x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.