I think I have a brain tumour

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been suffering from headaches and muscle twitches for the past 4 months. The headaches are sometimes sometimes stabbing pains, shooting pains or pains which last a few seconds an also just general aching pains. The muscle twitches are all over my body and sometimes I can see the twitching. I went to the hospital and told the doctor about all of this and he shined a light in my eye, checked my reflexes of my knees and other walking tests and facial movements. I'm worried I have a brain tumour. Does anyone else get this?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

CBT  will teach you that there is a switch in your brain that is broken it is telling you your in danger when your not,you have to fix that broken switch through therapy

It is common to think you are ill with anxiety but it is all psychosimatic

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Yeah I know but I just think that the doctor May of missed something because my symptoms to me suggest that I have a brain tumour. Other people like my friends an family says that year are very common symptoms of stress an anxiety
    • Posted

I dont think you have a brain tumour it is anxiety.

Get a 2nd opionion from another doctor

• Posted

I've had 4 or 5 opinions from other health professionals. I just dont think stress an anxiety can cause muscle twitches
  • Posted

I'm just really worried. As I'm only 16 and I don't want to die at a young age😩
    • Posted

I have, they were the ones who took me to medical appointments. One of the doctors said to me try and forget about it or I will turn my self into a hypochondriac. The other doctor said at the hospital if I forget about it the headaches will go. Of course I haven't forgot about it as they're still present
    • Posted

You have to pay more attention at CBT because that teaches you how to cope with anxiety panic

You have health anxiet  which is just another word for hypochondriac

• Posted

Honestly it sounds like you have low magnessium levels and an anxiety disorder. Theres many high magnessium foods or you can get like avacadoes, bananas..etc. or you can buy magnesium glycinate and follow  the instructions or ask your gp or doctor how much to take. Keep very hydrated as well. Stress does things inside of the body. Every adrenaline rush when its done depletes the body of magnessium, it ends up being peed out. So yes anxiety can do this, honestly it can do anything because the mind has a habit of validating anything you believe to be true via mimicing symptoms. You are not dealing with low level anxiety, this is an anxiety disorder they are not the same thing. Your anxiety triggers an extreme response in your body called fight or flight, its an intense reacton. You would react the same way if a lion was chasing you. So understand when you say how can this be anxiety, its a disorder and not plain ole anxiety.
    • Posted

Thank you for the advice😊 Just that it's went on for 4 months. The doctor told me that it's rare for a brain tumour to affect someone like me
  • Posted

Hello Kieran,

I am not a doctor, however, I do know two people who have had brain tumors.  They both had slurred speech, blacked out, had trouble writing..and being uncorrdinated when walking.  The stabbing pains in your head are called ice pick headaches.  I suffer from chron migraine disease.  I get twitching also, could be anxiety.  In my opinion I dont' think you have a brain tumor, but if you are very upset ask your doctor for a CT scan,  and go to a neurologist. Good luck

• Posted

The muscle twitches worry me because I keep thinking that aren't related to stress and anxiety and the muscle twitches are due to a seizure because of the tumour. The doctor also said to me I can't get a CT scan because I had a normal neurological examination and everything was fine inside of my eyes. I've also been to the opticians and the doctors checked my blood pressure, heart rate and oxygen levels.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.