I think I have a STI

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 50yrs old been with husband for 26yrs. I have recently come out in sores on labia got all symptoms of herpes. Husband has said he has not cheated on me in 20yrs plus. So how could this now happen? Been to clinic they said it looks like herpes so I am now waiting for results. But how could this happen now at my age? I am trying to put together all the past but it just don't add up. I have also recently travelled through Thailand, so could I of caught something there? My husband also has the symptoms now but he said this has never happened before? Please help me I am devastated.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have now had my results back....Positive for Herpes type 2. I am devastated.

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear, did you ask your dr if it can come out after 20 yrs ? I guess they put you on some kind of medicine ?? and how has your husband took this ?

• Posted

Did your husband get checked to , so is this from all those years ago or have you goten it recently
    • Posted

Hello, I'm just checking to see if you were ok ? since you haven't posted anything back lately.

I hope all is well

• Posted

☹ what  miserable this to happen. we put our trust in another person only for them to betray us.  absolutely shameful. no one deserves that sort of treatment. 

i am soo sorry. i hope they find you a medicine that will give you some releif.

• Posted

i suppose if someone had it, didn't wash their hands and then touched your genitals, you could get it.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.