I think I have cancer AGAIN

Posted , 8 users are following.

Why?? Anytime I see or read up on anything about cancer or someone who has it makes me think I have it! I've had blood tests done back in august and all was clear but I just can't help but think I have it! Ugh someone help😞

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Classic health anxiety im afraid - it doesnt take much or sometimes nothing at all for us to be convinced we have something terrible.  Have you considered therapy to get to the root of why?  Often health anx comes as part of OCD, therapy is a good place to get help for these kind of things
    • Posted

I know and it only comes about if the word is mentioned Cus today I read up something that a woman had cervical cancer during her pregnancy but doctors out her symptoms down to pregnancy and her tests didn't show any cancer which really freaked me out! I just thought that's it my blood tests have failed to detect cancer and I have it! And yep I got a referral to a psychologist 
  • Posted

well it isnt that you do or dont we all have cancer cells, it is how our immune system handles them, TNF factor, ,and as with some when doing research collagen I found we actually can wrap up cancer in our collagen tighter than if you wound it with steel wire, unfortunatlly when we get in our later years we do not have the ability to make these collagens thus inability to keep in check so to speak, good luck ! chin up !
  • Posted

In the summer I was told I had breast cancer, (although it was so tiny they weren't sure it was cross contamination), so had all the tests including a breast MRI, which showed nothing. Then had the lump & some tissue surrounding it removed & it showed nothing. So drs very pleased & all ok....Or so you'd think, however now I'm convinced it's spread or I've got it somewhere else. I'm now having CBT but not sure it's working, I'm worrying all the time, it's ruining my life & I'm convinced I'm going to die soon & leave my husband & 2 small children.  It's horrible sad

Jayne x

• Posted

Wow Jayne.. You really have had the scare.. I've had bloods done and there clear but I'm just convinced there wrong😞 really hope you get better soon x
    • Posted

Yea it's been tough and I'm just like you, no matter what test they give me I can't believe them. Xx

• Posted

It's so so horrible they think just Cus I'm 17 I'm young there's nothing wrong I don't need ct scans or mri but I want them to finally put my mind at rest x
    • Posted

I feel your pain I'm 23 and because of my age the doctors don't pay attention either since they feel I'm too young to have something severe although I never feel myself.
  • Posted

yea rachel exactly same.a few days ago i heard about someone young who had cancer n died.n now I feel I have cancer too its realy stupid.even I have some symptoms!now going for check up again!
  • Posted

My dad passed away very suddenly 3 yrs ago from cancer and since then ive had aniexty about my own health  .ive had a mammogram in june because i thought I felt a lump but thank god it is just a prominent milk duct . Butsince then my aniexty is even worse . No one knows o feel like this as I feel saft as I felt like I iam the only person that feels like this n its awful.  The more I think about it the more symptoms I get which makes the aniexty worse. Im always prodding and feeling for things on my body  incase the doctors have miss something.  I just wish I could stop myself from thinking the worst alk the time
    • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear louise😞 I think maybe I get like this because I'm living with someone who has lung cancer at the moment which I think maybe it but I don't know, I think I have cervical cancer Cus I have cramps and back pain x
  • Posted

hey guys i just wanted to ask something. sorry to barge in like this smile i too have health anxiety. a few days ago , i went to the doctor and told him of chest pain. during physical check up, he checked my chest with a stethoscope and when he came to my left chest, where i had told him i oridinally had the chest pain, he put pressure there in several places and asked me if it hurt. when i said yes, he frowned and looked as if he was in a deep thought. but when he wrote the prescription, he didn't mention it again. my mom says because its nothing to worry about. but that frown has stayed with me and i am going crazy thinking i have lymphoma or something. so just wanted to ask u guys if your chst hurts if ur doctor touches with the stethoscope in a hard way or even when you put pressure on your chest with your hand or something does it hurt. i am totally freaking out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.