I think I have HSV1 in gentials

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am new here and just trying to find some comfort.

On may 24/25th, I had back to back sexual encounters with 2 different women. I received oral sex without a condom, but had vaginal sex with a condom. On the way back home on the plane, I notice a big swollen bump on the side of my pelvic area. In the process of the plane ride, it burst and it was a bit of blood and puss. Paranoid me went to take a test On may 29th. After I did some lab work, I was told that I was positive for hsv1, with a high antibody count of 44(which was past the index standard) and negative for hsv2. My head was spinning 10 different ways. During that time, I started to notice a burning sensation and tingling in my genital area and I was super concerned and I told the doctor, and he gave me acyclovir for 10 days.

This helped a lot as the tingling subsided and nothing happened after that. However, fast forward to this week(June 14th), I was brushing my teeth and once I finished, I notice about 2-3 red dots on my bottom lip, and about an hr later, the tingling and burning sensation returned in my genitals, but no blisters or sores(not sure if the acyclovir might have screwed the test)I called my doctor and got tested again(he was quite upset here) and I got an email telling me my my lab tests were fine which made no sense to me. I am waiting till Monday to give him a call.

So, my question is, it it possible to have both hsv1 orally and in the genitals? And is it just as bad as hsv2?

Thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.