I think I'm feeling anxiety and depression

Posted , 2 users are following.

New to this I'll try best to explain how I feel. The last 6 months or so I have been feelin really depressed which led me to think I've had several different cancers. But lately I've been getting these twitches all over my body including my face eye lids and neck. They mainly occur in my legs but do get them in stomach aswell. These twitches always happen when I'm sitting or laying they don't really happen when I walk or do something. If I carry thing like shopping or a watermelon back from the shops my arms have hurt for several days. My memory is all over the place I haven't had the easiest of years but now I'm convinced I have MND/als. My swallowing also feels like it's getting harder. Is there anyone else that has or is feeling like this

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've had all of these symptoms and more you poor thing, and have previously diagnosed myself with every illness going, my latest obsession is MS. I want to reassure you that you are almost certainly experiencing depression and anxiety, which feed into one another massively. Go and see your GP, it won't be a quick solution but I find a lowish dose of citalopram helps when I get like this. I started back on this medicine a week ago and don't feel any better yet, but know from 15 years with spells like this (sometimes a year between attacks) that you can feel better if you get something to rebalance the chemicals in your brain. It's frightening and paralysing but you can feel better and will recognise it if it happens to you again. Sending you lots of strength, please try to believe me that you're almost certainly not dying but suffering from mental health problems - which is horrific but not life threatening. Please see your GP xx

• Posted

PS: Your arm pains are from holding yourself tensely, it traps the nerve signals travelling down your arms. Again, the meds will help you relax and stop the pain xx
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply it's made me feel a bit better knowing I ain't the only one. It is scary for me and it does weigh on my mind a lot. I'm sorry you experience this aswell and I hope you get better

• Posted

I think the difference between you and I at the moment is that because I've had this on and off over the years I KNOW I will feel better in a few weeks. It doesn't stop me researching my illnesses every time because it's so scary at the time, but in the back of my mind I know I've been here before and I try to hold onto that. Do you have a friend you can talk to who might support you a bit? Please do make a GP's appointment as soon as you can because the sooner you do the sooner you can start to see beyond it all. Some of us are just more vulnerable to this than other's and it can feel like a curse, but with some medicines I'm sure you'll look back in a few weeks and be more your old self. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 44 with 3 kids and a responsible job, currently off work because I feel so bad. Try to keep things in perspective and make that appointment!! xx

• Posted

I've been to the doctors countless times but not for anxiety as I've only just found out about how bad anxiety can get. I'm 21 years old. I'm under a lot of stress at the moment as I dorm really have a place to live and have been out of work because the way I'm feeling and not really having a address to get settled at. Don't really like talking to other people about how I feel either that's just the way I've been all my life I'll put on a smile but I won't really open up to anyone. My doctor has suggested in the pass he thinks I've struggled with stress but I've just put that off and convinced myself I was ill

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.