I think I'm in the menopause please help

Posted , 12 users are following.

I've not had a period since Nov and I'm having hot flushes really bad and finding hard to sleep, with tender breasts also ache all over with joint pain too I'm 46 but know my mom was young, but can't ask her ask she has passed away please someone help me 😥

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Only way to know for sure is to get your hormones tested.  But very likely, some of us have early menopause, 40 here and had peri for the last 4 years.  I had the joint pain and insomnia and much more.  

• Posted

I’m in the same boat, 42 and on meno. Can I ask you how you handle with all these symptoms and if you are on hrt?
  • Posted

Welcome Tracy both to the forum and to the wonderful world of menopause. It certainly sounds like you have joined us in more ways than one! You will find all the ladies on here very helpful and supportive and just by reading their comments and questions and answers you will identify your own particular set of symptoms. It sounds as if you are experiencing normal menopause symptoms so do not panic and take part in as many discussions as you can as this will give you the most help. XXX
  • Posted

Hi Tracey iv been suffering with all those symptoms and more for quite a long time. I had some bloods taken in February and was told I'm in perimenapause. Maybe ask your doctor for the test at least it will put your mind at rest xx

• Posted

Hi Tracey

Welcome to our world.

46 is a very reasonable time to being the process for certain.

Many changes are happening for you right now as it is so many of us or which we are here on this forum or support that you will get  smile

The hot flushes is the declining of the estrogen, just part of the process. IF you can just go with it and not resist it, know in your mind that this is whats happening then you have control right there. Accept it, nothing bad is happening its just miserable..Some women have an easy time (an im jealous of those ladies smile

other women really truly suffer like yours truly.

Yeah, my joints, and back ache a LOT in the morning then it slowly dissipates as the morning goes on

Hang in...

xoxoxoo

• Posted

Did you take an form of vitamins to help with the joint aches as thats my worse I can cope with the flushes (just about) x
    • Posted

I have take every supplement known to man and can not pinpoint if any of them helped.

I think though that if you can take a really good fish oil, this will help, Omega 3's. 

Im sorry your going through this, i get it.

x0x0x0x

• Posted

I've brought boots menopause pus tablets vitamins today to help hopefully we'll I will see how I get on with them after a month or so as Im not going on hrt x

• Posted

I had early menopause at 42..it’s very possible.went to drs after not having period for a year and he said I was post menopause..my mum and sister also were early..hope this helps xxx
  • Posted

Hi Tracey, I have just found out a month ago that I am going through the menopause, from a blood test, I'm on the coil Marena which means that they can't test my estogen levels. My main problem is my memory as it is fuzz, but no hot flushes yet, this might happen soon. I'm 49 and trying to do more excerise and taking vitamin D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.