I think I'm in the menopause please help

Posted , 12 users are following.

I've not had a period since Nov and I'm having hot flushes really bad and finding hard to sleep, with tender breasts also ache all over with joint pain too I'm 46 but know my mom was young, but can't ask her ask she has passed away please someone help me 😥

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Tracey, we are all very different.  I began perimenopause at 44 with sleep issues.  At 46, my periods were becoming more irregular.  At 48 the hot flashes started.  At 50, I gained 27 pounds quickly, and at 51, my elbows, feet and lower back began to hurt.  At 53 my period stoped.  I’ll be 55 this year and things have settled down.  I still want to lose 20 pounds, but overall I see the light at the end of the tunnel.  😊

• Posted

Thank you Cynthia for your reply I will know what to expect now after hearing back from lots of helpful women on here 😊xx

• Posted

Hi Tracey, I’m 48 and started peri-menopause about three years ago; well it might have been further back but the hot flushes were the first obvious sign for me. Like you, I also had real problems with sleeping. I tried a few alternative remedies, but eventually decided to go on HRT when my symptoms increased and became unbearable and were affecting my quality of life. I’ve been on HRT for a year now and for me it was the right move. No more hot flushes and sleeping well.  I know you’ve said you don’t want to go on HRT, but it’s given me my life back and I’m delighted it has. 

You’ll find loads of advice on here. When I first started researching on the internet I found it all a bit overwhelming because I had no clue about it beforehand. You’ll soon find you’re an expert on the matter.  An understanding GP is the best thing ever, but not everyone’s lucky enough to have that. I was referred to the menopause clinic which was a great. Speaking to an expert really reassured me.  Hopefully you’ll find something that works for you  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.