I think I'm loosing my mind

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi ladies for the past month I've been experiencing terrible anxiety attaxks; Heart racing int he middle of tyhe night waking me from sleep. I've been to the ER more than four time in a month. The cardiologists did stress test and othe rtests say it's anxiety or stress. I have no energy. mMy energy is up and down. My gyn says i'm not in menopause, but certainly I must be in menopause. I feel like I'm going crazy.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I also went through what you are going through now including multiple e.r. visits and tests within a two month period due to severe anxiety attacks. They finally gave me relief when they prescribed 0.5 mgs of clonazapam. I am finally anxiety free and I hope you find relief soon.
  • Posted

I experience the same symptoms and tests don't show I'm in menopause. I think it's peri menopausal hormone fluctuations that tests don't "catch."  You're not going crazy and aren't alone! Taking one ibuprofen before bed helps me usually. I don't know why. 

• Posted

Hi Cathy, how old are you? Everything that you are experiencing sounds like perimenopause. Most doctors dont have a clue about it. Try to take some time to be good to yourself and breathe. You will feel better soon. It takes a few months but it will happen. Take care!
    • Posted

Hi Becky... thanks for your reply, I'm 46 will be 47 in Dec.   Thank you so much ...it's nice to know that it will get better.. God Bless and keep you

• Posted

You are not alone, I have experienced all that you have and an still experiencing it. I've been to the ER countless times, overnight hospital stays and every test imaginable. I can say it's not as bad as it was in the beginning. It does get better over time. You are not going crazy it's hormones.

• Posted

Thank you Jamie for your reply....it's nice to know I'm not going crazy..it has gotten someone better since it started about a month ago....I've been taking magnesioum supp and valerian for rest.. my doctor gave me xanax ..however, I take it sparigly..I do not like drugs...God Bless and keep you

• Posted

Hi Cathy 

your ur not loosing your mind I've been there I have been to A&E couple of times with my heart and Anixety...all fine just hormones my love in menopause frightening us 

nothing wrong with any of us we get scared that's what causes Anixety, try to keep calm take deep breaths, some people say to get a brown bag and blown into it for help

until hormones calm down nothing else really you can do, Doctors are waste of my time they only think about hotflashes and want you on HRT to keep us quiet

you will be ok once you had checks and they say your fine live with it, we are all in the same boat. 

• Posted

I also had same symptoms. Had full cardiac work up ect , yes it is anxiety and yes i feel it is perimenopause even though my blood tests show that my hormones are normal. You are not alone! The anxiety is the worst!  I found taking deep breathes in through my nose and out my mouth helps with anxiety attacks and taking magesium has helped me. You are not going crazy , hope you find relief soon!!!
    • Posted

Thank you Cyndi for your reply...Thank God I'm not going  crazy.....I am bit relieved that I recieved so many respose rfrom women that has experienced the same thing..God Bless and keep you

• Posted

i am in same situation. i started low dose of xanax 3 weeks ago and felr great. but now its not lasting as long and i cam tell when wearing off. i get angry, amxiety and weird feeling in my teeth. i dont want to keep increasing dose. scares me. i cant take antidepressants for amxiety they make me feel crazy. i did research and canabis without the THC only the CBD treats anxiety naturally with 0 high. i am got some and after i taper down the xanax over next few days am going to try. i pray it works! its suppose to help inflammation too so hoping it heals my gastritis. good luck to you. i hope you start feeling better
  • Posted

Take magnesium maleate. Take Gelusil for stomach. Palpitations and anxiety come from the stomach -vagus nerve. Gelusil helps, magnesium helps. Finding a bench to press on your stomach while laying on your belly button helps as well. Clonazepam, Xanax is not a good choice, it is severely addictive. Valerian is better, for me 500 mg is the dose, but you need to eat something before taking it because it is a harsh acidic substance for a stomach.
  • Posted

Hi Cathy

you def not crazy how old are you? I'm 48 had exact same waking up wth racing heart cant breath an terrible anxiety my GP said nt menopause went to a women gynae she did blood tests but said it's def peri meno which she recons is worse cause of all the fluctuating hormones.... put me on natural stuff which really helped me I also use a calming pill only whn nessesary...... I have hot flushes cold flushes and aching joints all over..... and certain times of the month I really think I'm going crazy have this tight feeling on my chest but remind myself it's just hormones going crazy....you'll be fine try deep breath an relax whn that happens.....

• Posted

Michelle the tightness on the chest is awful. I have it everyday. Hrt hasn't helped that part of peri at all unfortunately x

• Posted

Hi Michele I'm 46, will be 47 in Dec. I break out in chills.. i'm hot then I'm cold...mostly get cold chills..yes i get the tightness in my chest....my goodness this is such an awful thing we women have to go through. However, it consoles me to know that i'm not alone or going crazy...Thank you for your reply...God Bless and keep you

• Posted

Hi Cathy

I had the bloodtests which you must do within the 1st 5 days of your period otherwise they useless.... women gynae said I'm def peri an it's fluctuating hormones causing chaos in our bodies.... she gave me a natural product which has evening primrose oil, vit B,magnesium, zink in it and a calcium pill which must hav K2 an vit D in it if you want the name send me a private mess...it really helps.... keep a diary and you'll soon see a pattern of when You feel yuggie.... 2 weeks a month I just don't feel myself.... hang in there...this too shall pass xxx God Bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.