i think i may becoming better

Posted , 5 users are following.

after being depressed for the last 3 years, an un-diagnosed but treated for anxiety/depression/suicidal urges. the last week, has been smooth, on these new meds, waiting for more counselling / physciatrist / group meetings, ( was told i wud be usefull in a group meeting )

my creativity and get up an go, have certainly increased past few days, to the point im getting things done, not dwelling on the past for now, and not speculating world destruction / goverment collapse or sumfin,

my doctor sed the meds may help with the demons or voices urging me to end my life, i knew i shudnt of doubted her, but always open to suggestions, and in fairness, so good, normally i vent off on this site during appointments, and it do help me loads, thank you for reading, and everybody's possitive replys smile

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

So glad to hear you are feeling better Michael, that's such good news.  Long may it last.  Keep us informed please.

Pat xxxxxx

• Posted

n  thank you so much, for ur kind reply's thru out my vents, i'l log into this  forum regurly, but with much more possitive vibes, see if i can help/aid ppl myself, instead of negative venting, however, ppl need to blow steam, my friend just given up on life, as in quit work, quit his tennancy, bought a really expensive tent, an is plannin on living in the woods, hav strongly urged him to seek help, but as of yet, he is very reluctant,
  • Posted

Michael, it is so nice to hear from somebody feeling more positive, it's really reassuring and inspirational and I am so happy for you. 

I really hope this continues for you, let us know how you get on smile

• Posted

i not going any where just yet, gonna album to produce smile
  • Posted

thank you all, during the week of taking the new meds, ive not been on here much, as i dont wanna be depressed kinda thing, and i would like to contribute a part to helping ppl, that are also suffering from depression etc, encourage ppl that play/learn music to DO SO, poets/writers etc, TO WRITE lol,

i know i wont be cured overnight, but if i can carry into next week, things im doing this week an continue it, maybe i could get round to recording that album, i keep meaning to produce, have everything i neeed, n sadly always have, been on my bucket list for the past ten yrs,

• Posted

Glad things are getting better is tough going. What meds are you on. I am on lithium and citalopram, Depression is a rough ride.

Hang in there Michael.

• Posted

thank you, was on citalopram for over a year, with zolpedium as night tablets, now im on Sertraline, with Quetiapine as a nightly one,  only taken the latter twice, as i felt they knocked me for 6 whilst sleeping lol,

wen i was prescribed Mirtazipine bout 5yrs ago, i only took em three nights, had so horrid n voilent dreams, too close to home too, n thought the medical practise was against me, really thought the doctor was having me on, so didnt visit for a couple of years, when s**t hit the pan, i met my doctor now, and i was able to express myself openly and freely to her, an she has been so awesome smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.