I think i may have a mental problem, but not sure

Posted , 5 users are following.

Since last July, I have been going out nearly every day - blowing away all my pay check within a couple of days. Sometimes I get off with people, sometimes I don't, but I feel like i need to be around people all the time. 

I can't stay at home because I feel like the walls are closing up on me. I need to go out, meet people and not be alone. It has gotten to the point where I have even missed work several days in a row just because i felt like going out and gotten drunk just for the fun of it. 

I really want to be normal, like other people. I hate the fact that I am wiling to mess up my career, just to be around friends, or any people for that matter. 

Anyone know what is going on with me ? I'm going crazy not knowing what is happening to me . I never used to be like this. 

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi i can understand about feeling the walls are closing in on you, i get that when alone all day, its horrible only yesrday i felt the

same and went for a walk, boredom does this quite normal. You are addressing this , thats a great start.maybe speak with your

gp to see what support you can get , goodluck

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, I agree with Julie, it certainly seems like a form of depression....doing things out of character,.not enjoying what used to give you much pleasure....you really must go back to see you gp...and make sure that they really LISTEN AND UNDERSTAND, THAT THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM TO YOU..... you gp has a duty to right of care to you, which THEY SHOULD BE GIVING WITHOUT SILLY, UNHELPFUL COMMENTS, ....there are also many mental health helplines that you can call, and of course always the SAMARITANS...your mental health is vitally important for every aspect of your life....your career....your self esteem....and most importantly.!! Your general safety if you are going out with people you do not know......I truly wish you well., I ( I was a HOPELESS ALCOHOLIC FOR TEN YEARS )...completely out of character for me....

I wish you so much luck in getting the help you need....and deserve.xx. isend you big hugs, please let us know how you are coping....DEIRDRE xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think you suffer from depression but consult with doctor. I advised you to keep yourself busy, spent more time with your friends,don't keep yourself alone. this will definitely work for you.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm disgusted to read your GP's responses to you when you approached him. That is disgraceful and an utterly unprofessional way to speak to you. You are perfectly entitled to a second opinion sweetie.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think you don't want to be alone, be round people that you know helps. I suggest you seek help from your doctor. Hope this helps
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up