I think I may have an STI or some sort of infection

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm 19 years old and about a week a go I started getting spots around my grown area which got itchy and then around my anus which got itchy too. I now have peeling skin on my groin area and around my Anus as well as smelly discharge from my Anus. It hurts when I have bowel movements and there is blood when I wipe. The discharge is a yellowish colour. I'm really worried and I'm really nervous about seeing a doctor since I'm embarrassed. Can anyone help me in knowing what it is and how to treat it?

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi John,  Try to separate your feelings of embarassment from the fact that you need to be checked out.  Your doctor is used to all kinds of problems being presented to him to cure.  You are not unique in this department.  The only difference will be your knowledge and understanding of what you have vs. a guessing game.  I've been in your situation and made a big deal about something that ended up being a fungle condition that was very easily treated.  What are the odds that this is life threatening.  The doctor is not a priest or minister.  There is no judgment to be placed on you.  Even if there was it's not his place to judge but just to cure.  Do yourself a favor and get checked out and get on with your life. This is taking up too much of your precious time.  Regards,  DL

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It is taking up a lot of my time and my girlfriend wants sex and I'm shying away from it at the moment. I've been reading things online which point to chlamydia, but the thing is my girlfriend is clean and the last intercourse I had previous to her was 3 years a go but I never had symptoms until now, unless there was minor ones. I figured I will buy treatment online and see if it clears up. I'm dreading it, i will most definitely be infertile now and I think my girlfriend would leave me as she would most probably have caught it but of course her health comes first and I would tell her straight away.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

EDIT: I would also like to ask, I don't want to sound uneducated, but is it possible for me to have discharge from the Anus despite never having done anything to do with it ever?

Also previous to all this I had a stage of bad diarrhoea, which lasted two weeks, still unsure what it was and it wasn't a bug. Do you think this could have an affect on it? Or even be the cause?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

John,  You are 19 years old.  Give yourself credit that you don't know what is going on and you need professional help.  I drove myself crazy one summer (years ago) when I developed a rash.  I concluded that it was three terminal ailments and lived with it an entire summer.  I was emotionally sick.  Finally built up the nerve to see a doctor and after a 15 minute appointment the doctor diaganosed a fungle condition had me purchase something over the counter and in one week it was gone.

If you feel that your girlfriend will dump you if have a physical problem do yourself another favor and get rid of her.  It sounds like you have a very conditional relationship going on.

Again, your 19.  Make the most of it but make sure you consult with a doctor.

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up